Why washing your car is Essential to avoid Car Glass Repair?by Deepika Singh Writer
While taking your vehicle to a car wash after it has accumulated a lot of dirt is something everyone does, you must be wary of one thing. The extreme pressure of water in car washes can significantly affect the quality of your car glass especially when you have chips on them. Hence, regular washing at home is always a better idea than building up layers of dirt and then taking your car to a car wash. Whether it’s your Wagon R Front Glass or Volkswagen windshield, cleaning it regularly is important to avoid a car glass repair.
Why is it important to clean the glass?
A clean auto glass will not only improve the visibility of your vehicle but also protect your glass from potential damage due to dust, sand or debris. The tiny grains can lead to chip formation, especially if you use wipers on them. The friction thus caused can lead to unpleasant results which can be treated with car glass repair only.
The same applies for bird droppings as well. If you leave them on your glass, they are only going to get harder to remove. Once they have dried and smudged on your windshield, removing them will only lead to scratches which in turn will weaken the glass of your windshield. Leaving your windshield dirty indicates that your wipers are dirty too. This can increase the chance of glass damage with time.
How to thoroughly clean the car glass
- To remove the dust from your windshield surface, all you need is a microfiber cloth. This will not lead to any scratches and will wipe off all the dirt in the gentlest possible manner.
- In order to clean bird droppings, use a micro fiber cloth soaked in club soda instead of your windshield wiper. Using wiper will only worsen the condition and will also make your wiper dirty. Use water to wash the windshield later on and dry it completely.
- It is also essential to keep your windshield wipers clean as dirt can easily get trapped in it. Use plain water to clean your wipers thoroughly.
Washing your vehicle frequently is not the only thing you should do to avoid a glass repair. Here are a few additional tips you must follow-
- If you hear a screeching sound on using the windshield wipers, it’s time to get new ones. Also, if you notice any cracks in the rubber, get your wipers replaced immediately. Make it a habit to change your windshield wipers every six months.
- Keep the windshield washer fluid handy at all times. Go for the ones which are not ammonia based for best results.
- Do a thorough inspection of your windshield every alternative day to check for any dings or cracks.
Although taking good care off your vehicle will help prevent a situation where you might need a repair, search for best car glass repair Delhi services in case of any damage.
Created on Jul 9th 2018 02:00. Viewed 339 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.