Why Use Ceramics as A Printed Circuit Boardby Hybridtek LLC Hybrid Circuit Manufacturer & Designer in New Jers
Ceramic circuit boards are actually made of electronic ceramics material and can be made into various shapes. Among them, the ceramic circuit board has the most outstanding characteristics of high temperature resistance and high electrical insulation performance, and has the advantages of low dielectric constant and dielectric loss, high thermal conductivity, good chemical stability, and similar thermal expansion coefficient of the component. Ceramic printed circuit boards are produced using LAM technology, a laser rapid activation metallization technology. Used in LED field, high power semiconductor module, semiconductor cooler, electronic heater, power control circuit, power mixing circuit, intelligent power component, high frequency switching power supply, solid state relay, automotive electronics, communication, aerospace and military electronics component.
A hybrid integrated circuit (HIC), hybrid microcircuit, hybrid circuit or simply hybrid tech circuit is a miniaturized electronic circuit constructed of individual devices, such as semiconductor devices (e.g. transistors, diodes or monolithic ICs) and passive components (e.g. resistors, inductors, transformers, and capacitors), bonded to a substrate or printed circuit board (PCB).
Unlike traditional FR-4 (glass fiber), ceramic materials have good high-frequency performance and electrical properties, and have high thermal conductivity, chemical stability and thermal stability. This is the ideal packaging material for a generation of large-scale integrated circuits and power electronics modules.
1. Higher thermal conductivity
2. More matching coefficient of thermal expansion
3. A harder, lower resistance metal film aluminum oxide ceramic circuit board
4. The solderability of the substrate is good and the using temperature is high.
5. Good insulation
6. Low frequency loss
7. Can be assembled in high density
8. Free of organic constituent, resistant to cosmic rays, high reliability in aerospace and long service life
9. The copper layer does not contain an oxide layer and can be used for a long time in a reducing atmosphere.
· 3-dimension substrate and 3-dimenion layout
· Conductive layer thickness can be customized within lum-lum
· High density assembly with I/S resolution of 20um for short, small, light and thin
· Stronger, lower resistance metal film
· Copper layer excludes the oxidation layer, can be used for a long time in a reduction atmosphere
· Good solderability and high using temperature
Properties of Ceramic PCB:
Compared with traditional PCBs whose substrate materials are epoxy glass fiber, polyimide, polystyrene and phenolic resin, ceramic PCBs feature the following properties:
• Excellent thermal conductivityApplication Fields of Ceramic PCB:
• Chemical erosion resistant
• Agreeable mechanical intensity
• Compatible with CTE of components
• Easy to implement high-density tracing.
Ø Memory Module
Ø Receiving/Transmission Module
Ø Multi-layer Interconnect Board
Ø Analog/Digital PCB
All in all, ceramic PCBs have wide application fields due to high thermal conductivity, low CTE and low dielectric constant. They will definitely play a significant role in application fields calling for high reliability, high air sealing and high thermal conductivity.
Created on Apr 20th 2020 03:37. Viewed 141 times.