Which is the Best University for MBBS in Ukraine for Indian Students?by Shobhit Jayaswal MBBS Abroad Consultant in India Ukraine has become one of the top destinations for Indian students for studying MBBS abroad. Affordable fee structure, easy visa and admission process, old government medical universities, hostel and Indian mess facilities are just some of the reasons why more than 18,000 Indian students are studying MBBS in Ukraine.
Before I answer this question, I want to tell you some facts:
- choose only MCI recognised medical universities in Ukraine, there are currently 16 such universities
- the duration is 6 years and you will be taught in the English language in every university
- learning the local language is compulsory
- the ranking which you see online is not at all the right criteria for selecting the university, always check FMGE result
- just like India, Ukraine has good, average and bad medical universities
- there is no difference between National and State level universities for Indian students
- there is corruption in some universities whereas there is no corruption in others.
- check the FMGE or MCI screening test passing percentage before choosing any college abroad.
- choose a college where the FMGE result has been more than 25% at least
- college wise data is available of FMGE passing percentage from 2012–18 now.
- ask your agent to show you the list
- in the end, no one will ask you the ranking of the college or anything else, all that will matter is whether you clear the screening test or not
Therefore, for an Indian student, I will suggest the following key points:
- Age of the University
- How many Indian students are studying there currently
- Government or private university, prefer a government university
- If you are a girl then check if a separate girls hostel is available or separate floor is available
- Experience of the University to teach Indian students
- How the city is where the university is located
- Review of current students to know about the quality of studies (please don’t take a review from your YouTubers/students with Quora profiles as they are most probably working as agents for a consultancy)
- FMGE/MCI Passing percentage of the students from the University
- Availability of Indian food/cooking facility at the University
In my experience, experiences of the students I have met and of the students who went through me and based on the FMGE passing percentage and the criteria mentioned above, these are the best Universities in Ukraine:
1. Bukovinian State Medical University
2. Vinnytsia National Medical University
3. Lviv National Medical University
There are many more good Universities like Ternopil National Medical University, Taras Shevchenko National University, V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National Medical University, Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University, Kharkiv National Medical University. I have sent students to all of these Universities.
Created on May 22nd 2020 11:27. Viewed 313 times.