What to Expect from A Face Concealer?by Mary Davis Makeup Expert
As the name suggests, a concealer is applied to conceal the skin defects such as pigmentation, dark circles, dark spots and many more. However, it is one of the most important makeup tools that women use in their day to day life. So, concealer is the beauty essential that we have 24/7 with us whether it is regular makeup bag or a travel kit. They are highly preferred by women on every occasion or routine.
It is said that the usage of concealers was started in the 1920s as makeup to camouflage birthmarks, burns, scars and varicose veins. Also, famous Hollywood actresses used to get benefit from it as they were created to give them the best on-screen look. As these actresses were looking for some product that could hide their skin's imperfections, fine lines and also to make their skin tone brighter.
These days depending upon your skin type and what you are trying to achieve, the concealers are found in a variety of different forms such as liquid, cream, stick, crayon or cream to powder. For example, LA Girl Pro Conceal High Definition Concealer is a liquid concealer providing a fluid full coverage with a satin matte finish and is perfect for camouflaging pigmentations, imperfections as well as dark circles.
Here are few benefits on using concealer as a makeup:
Get Perfect Looking Skin
If you wish to get that flawless skin which catches everyone's attention, then look no further than applying concealer as it makes your skin look perfect without any flaw. Moreover, it hides all the imperfections like age spots, birthmarks and even tiny scars, prevailing in your skin and makes it clear and smooth.
Help in Alleviating Dark Circles
The fact cannot be denied that dark circles have become one of the issues which many women face in their life and it makes your eyes look dull and ugly. If you are one of them and want to get rid of dark circles then using a concealer may be advantageous for you as concealer will show a great effect instantly and make you look young and spot free with beautiful eyes. Dark circles make you look exhausted and enhance the dull look o out face which can be healed easily by concealer.
Enhances Your Beautiful Features
Every woman has some beautiful features on their face which hardly get noticed because of some flaws appearing on one's face. A concealer makeup is known for highlighting the various important feature on your face and can improve those special spots. For instance, if you have a short nose, you can elongate it easily by applying concealer on our nose tip. Else you can apply it on your cheekbones to give perfect contouring look on your face.
Protects Your Skin From The Sun
Concealer also helps to protect the skin from harmful ultraviolet sun rays with its effective formulation. So, one must apply a concealer that contains SPF of 15 or higher to protect your skin from those harsh sun rays.
Key features of a concealer
- Works wonder when applied with the foundation as it provides extras coverage to achieve the appearance smooth and even skin tone
- Refreshes tired and puffy looking eyes and give optimal result every time you apply it
- Helps to camouflage blemishes, puffiness, scars and imperfections from your skin
- Disguise pigmentation and dark circles resulting in a brighter and smoother skin tone with a gorgeous glow
- Also, lighten dark spots and all the dark areas prevailing on your face
Ways to use concealer
- It can be used as a highlighter on nose bridge, cheekbones, brow and chin as it gives a perfect skin tone and highlights the mentioned areas on your face
- You can use concealer either to priming the lip with it or by adding a litter concealer above the lip line to prevent your lipstick from bleeding
- Else you can apply in on your upper eyes as a base before giving it a makeup as it enhances the eyeshadow
- It also assists you to hide your tattoos and birthmarks on special occasions
All in all, using a concealer makeup will be the wisest decision you will make as it not only hides all imperfections on your face but also highlights your significant features in a very dramatic yet beautiful way.
With the event of many awareness campaigns by PETA, consumers have shifted towards the brands that offer cruelty-free or vegan products.
Created on Sep 24th 2019 09:08. Viewed 772 times.