What is the best pathway to apply for Canada Immigration?by Ashish Y. Boulevard to Dream
Are you looking to apply for Canada Immigration this year, but not sure about the right pathway?
Well, you are indeed not alone, as hundreds of applicants every year find themselves in a Catch-22 situation. The Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) offer several programs and procedures to individuals interested in coming to Canada. However, if you are a skilled professional willing to immigrate to Canada this year, you must apply to a visa program, which ensures fast entry in Canada.
Best pathway for Skilled Migration to Canada
Canadian Permanent Residence (PR) Visa is one of the fastest ways to enter Canada permanently. This visa allows you to live, work and study in Canada permanently. Here are the key benefits of a Canada PR visa:
- Canada PR allows you and your family to live, work and study anywhere in Canada permanently.
- You can get social security benefits, i.e. free education for kids and healthcare coverage for the family.
- Sponsor eligible family members to Canada
- Apply for citizenship after spending enough time in Canada on Permanent Residence (PR) visa, etc.
So, which is the best immigration program to apply for a PR visa in Canada?
Apply for Canada PR through a points-based Express Entry system
Launched in January 2015 by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the federal Express Entry System is the fastest immigration process Canada to apply for and obtain a Canadian PR visa. It is an online point-based immigration system that assesses the applicants based on some key factors, i.e. age, education, language proficiency, work experience, etc. and issues ITA (Invitation to Apply) Permanent Residence (PR) to selected candidates.
The Express Entry system is based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) - point system to rank the candidates. The IRCC hold the Express Entry draw twice a month, and the applicants with the top CRS score get the invitation to apply for a Permanent Residence (PR) visa from IRCC. Here is the stepwise process to apply:
The stepwise process to apply to Express Entry System.
- Obtain the crucial documents required to apply, i.e.
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from an approved assessing authority, i.e. WES, ICAS, IQAS, etc. and
- Provide an approved language proficiency test to show your proficiency level (minimum CLB 7) in French or English, i.e. International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Check your eligibility points under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category of the Express Entry System. You must obtain a minimum of 67 points out of 100 based on age, education, etc., factors.
Create a profile in EE System and submit the Expression of Interest (EOI). You will now find a place in EE Pool and get the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score.
Get the ITA (Invitation to Apply) for a Canadian PR visa from IRCC in one of the fortnightly Express Entry draws.
Submit the Canadian PR application along with documents within 60 days of receiving the ITA (Invitation to Apply)
The IRCC will review your application and documents. If your application and documents are complete and correct, you will get approval for a PR visa.
Immigrate to Canada through PNP
If you are not getting ITA through the EE system due to your low CRS point score, you also have an alternate option to apply for Canada immigration. Almost every province (state) of Canada has a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through which it invites and assesses skilled foreign workers and subsequently allocates the nomination for Canada PR. The nomination obtained through a PNP makes it easy for you to obtain a Canadian PR visa. Some popular Canadian PNPs are:
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP), etc.
Selection of the right immigration program is a vital aspect of the immigration process Canada, as it can make or break your case. Choosing an incorrect pathway can lead to a delay or even denial of the application.
Hence, it is always good to prepare your application under a trusted Immigration Consultant for Canada, who can guide you in selecting the right program and filing the visa application.
Created on Feb 24th 2021 01:37. Viewed 69 times.