What Is Product Approval FSSAI?by Divya S. Content Writer
To ensure that people of India consume only safe and hygienic food it is important to be sure that all the ingredients and products involved in making of food article are safe.Therefore, FSSAI has made it mandatory to abide by Nutraceutical compliance FSSAI. In this article we will discuss about product approval regulations by FSSAI.
FSSAI ingredient approval or product approval is required for products that contain ingredients not as per the prescribed standards in FSS actand regulations. Ingredient approval FSSAI is given at central government level. Let us have a look on the procedure of obtaining the approval. Currently the process of product approval is manual and you are required to submit the demand draft at FSSAI office in New Delhi. However, due to increase in the number of applications for product approval,the process is soon to be made online as Food Product Approval System will be introduced by FSSAI license Authority. It will bring more transparency to the system.It will enable people to submit and track application.
Lets us have a look on what all information you require for getting FSSAI product approval?
For submitting ingredient approval FSSAI application following information is needed
- Name and address of the business
- Email and phone number.
- Address of the manufacturer
- Business type
- Origin place of the product.
- Details about market existence
- Common and brand name of the product
- Manufacturing method
- Shelf life and pack size.
- Ingredient details.
- Serving details.
Then some other documents like
- Label for the food product approval application
- Accelerated stability and real time stability datasheet
- End-Use announcement Document
- Certificate of Analysis from NABL Lab
- Regulatory data of product/ingredient
- Safety data for establishing safety in humans
Procedure for getting the product approval
· Business entity integration: FSSAI ingredient approval is an intangible asset for all business as it offers an authority to produce a specified food product in India.It is received after a considerable process and includes payment of fees to FSSAI.Therefore, it is better to submit the application through an LLP for easy process.
· The food product approval application should be submitted along with required test reports from NABL accredited labs. This reports validate claim quantities on labels and other parameters of the food product.
· Food product label: The application must contain product label. It should be according to the food product labelling standards in India.
· Integration of product/ingredient related data: Safety data, world-wide regulatory data and history of consumption are few of the documents that needs to be in order before filing the application.
· License: The nutritional supplement license is vital for a business that is involved in manufacture or handling or selling of different type of food products. For ingredient approval FSSAI, it is better to obtain a FBO license beforehand.
· Once all above are ready, the application can be filled and submitted. It is often recommended to take professional help for preparing and submitting product approval application.
What are the essential guidelines for food supplements, additives and ingredient approval?
According to FSSAI, there are about 400 ingredients of botanical origin that are permitted for being used as ingredient as per FSSAI. The health claims that can be made by food business operators for ingredients that can:
· Benefit health of a person
· Nutritional ingredients
· Increases function
· Reduces disease risk
· Maintainthe health
· Anti ageing
· Increase resistance
All these claims as made by food business operator should abide the Nutraceuticals Compliance specified by FSSAI and should be validated by proper documents. All claims should be approved by Food authority.
Created on Apr 17th 2019 00:32. Viewed 182 times.