What are the roles and responsibilities of a pharmacist towards his patients?by GRD IMT Best Engineering College
Pharmacists play an important role in the health sector and are vital, patient-oriented professionals who are committed to fulfilling the health care needs of their patients and their role in the society is expanding in new directions to meet the health care needs of the population. To become a pharmacist, one needs to study B.Pharma which is one of the popular job oriented courses among science students. This course helps students to develop an understanding of drugs and medicines, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Medicinal Chemistry, etc.
The Pharmacy sector involves the following courses:
Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharma)
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma)
Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharma)
Doctorate in Pharmacy (Pharm.D)
Specialisations in B.Pharma
B.Pharma in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
B.Pharma in Pharmaceutics
B.Pharma in Pharmacology
B.Pharma in Ayurveda
Eligibility Criteria for B.Pharma:
●Students who are interested in studying B.Pharma must have passed 12th examinations with at least 50% marks with physics, chemistry and mathematics or physics, chemistry and biology.
● Students who have completed their diploma in pharmacy can also apply for Bachelor in pharmacy.
There are a large number of colleges in Dehradun that offer B. Pharmacy as their main course, and some of the best colleges are listed below:
*Roorkee College of Pharmacy and
*Dev Bhoomi Institute of Pharmacy and Research
Roles and Duties of Pharmacists include:
Apart from dispensing medications to the patients' pharmacists are taking a larger role as medical counsellors, educators, and advocates.
● Pharmacists are responsible for supplying quality to patients.
● They make sure that the supply of medicines is within the law.
● They need to ensure that the medicines prescribed to patients are suitable for them.
● The major role of a pharmacist is to advise patients about medicines, including how to take them, their side effects and answering patients' questions.
Required skillset for B. Pharmacy:
1. A pharmacist must have great communication and interpersonal skills.
2. He should have excellent medicinal and scientific research skills.
3. He must be aware of medical writing and ethics.
4. He should have good therapeutic and counselling skills.
5. Determinant and consistency skills are other important requirements for being a good pharmacist.
6. A pharmacist needs to be curious and must possess persuasive skills. He should know business skills such as marketing and organising.
7. Adaptation ability to dynamic situations is one of the important skills that are required in a pharmacist.
The roles of pharmacists will continue to evolve with the changing health environment, and therefore B.Pharma provides ample job opportunities to live a life of contentment and satisfaction. Pharmacists play an integral role in managing and improving population health. Additionally, they can help in various other areas such as tobacco cessation and diabetes management, through counselling, monitoring, and support.
Pharmacists can find employment in many different work environments that include Community pharmacies and hospitals, in the pharmaceutical industry, Prisons, primary care organisations, universities in teaching and research, the military, veterinary pharmacy, and pharmacy organisations.
Pharmacists are medication specialists, and they play a major role in improving the health of the patients. These efforts of pharmacists have a significant impact on patient satisfaction and quality of care and have helped in reducing healthcare costs.
Created on Sep 26th 2019 02:57. Viewed 227 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.