What are the requirements for Canadian Express Entry?by Canadapr avenue Immigration Consultant
Canada's Express Entry system is one of the key immigration pathways via which the Canadian government invites highly skilled and talented international workers to live and work in Canada as permanent residents.
This Express Entry system has been designed by the IRCC with an aim to fulfill the skilled labour demand in Canada and to further strengthen the Canadian economy.
Under the Express Entry System, there are three key economic immigration programs of Canada, including:
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
- Federal Skilled Trades (FST)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
The IRCC invites and evaluates your profile based on key selection factors, like your age, education, work experience, language skills (English or French), etc. In case you have not yet got your profile assessed for Canadian Express Entry, then start by confirming your eligibility and take up a free assessment.
If you are found to be eligible to apply to any of the above-mentioned programs, then you may submit your EOI (Expression of Interest) or your Express Entry profile, to the Express Entry pool. Once your profile enters the pool, you will be awarded a CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score.
Follow a stepwise Express Entry process
Here is a stepwise Canada PR Process that you must follow:
- Gather relevant documents that you need to apply for Canada PR, like, ECA report, IELTS test report, Medical, and Police Clearance certificate (if required), etc.
- Register your profile in the Express Entry system online
- Get your ITA from the IRCC in periodic express entry draws
- Submit your complete and final PR application along with relevant documents within 60 days of obtaining your ITA
- Get visa approval
Documentation Requirement for Express Entry
You are required to submit specific documents at different application stages, which includes:
- Your valid passport or any other travel document
- Your IELTS or French language test result
- Your ECA (education credential assessment) report, if any you’re applying via the Federal Skilled Workers program or you got your education outside Canada
- Your provincial nomination certificate (if you have)
- Your written job offer from a Canadian Employer (if any)
- Your reference letters from present and past organizations
- Your police clearance certificates
- Your medical examination certificate
- Enough proof of funds to prove that you can financially support yours and your family's living expenses in Canada
Eligibility requirements for Express Entry
- You must have at least 1 year of work experience in the past 10 years before you submit your Canada PR application. It must be a full-time, continuous job in a skilled occupation that is listed under Canada skilled occupation list and fall under NOC's Skill Type 0, A or B.
- You must prove your language competency in any one of the official languages, i.e. English and French. You must score a minimum CLB 7 in a designated English or French language test.
- You must provide your foreign or Canadian educational credential. In the case of education obtained outside Canada, you must submit an Educational Credential Assessment report from a designated body.
- You must meet Canada's basic admissibility requirements and should not have any criminal background or medical condition.
So, if you meet the above-mentioned documentation and eligibility criteria, then 2020 is the right time to apply for a Canada PR visa through the Express Entry program.
Created on Jun 13th 2020 06:15. Viewed 251 times.