What are the Documents Required For Filing Income Tax Return in Indiaby Sophie Grace What New When You Have Forgot to File Tax Return?
As the income tax department has already notified the last date of return filing which is 31st July ‘19’. Meanwhile, there are some guidelines and procedure which allows taxpayers to understand each and every major detail while filing your ITR. In addition with this, when you prepare for ITR Filing make sure you are collating all your details such as salary, bank details, previous tax statements, business profit, investment, profit without any error.
Here is the list of documents that you must keep in mind while filing an income tax return for the financial year 2018-19.
For Salaried employees
- If you are a salaried employee, you are allowed to submit all the documents like PAN, Form 16 and salary slips to e-file your income tax returns in India.
- Form 16- Form 16 is one of the most important documents that every taxpayer need to submit while filing ITR. It consists of the details of TDS deducted by your employer during the year.
- Salary slips - Apart from perquisites and profit in lieu of salary, salaried taxpayers are also required to provide information of allowances such as house rent allowance, transport allowance, etc. that are taxable.
- Form 26AS- Form 26AS is your consolidated annual tax statement. This is like your tax passbook which has information of all the taxes that has been deposited against your PAN.
- Link Aadhaar with PAN
- It is mandatory for taxpayers to link Aadhaar with PAN for the AY 2019-20 on or before the filing of income tax returns.
- Other Investment Documents like Employees' Provident Fund (EPF)
b) Public Provident Fund (PPF)
c) Investments in equity-linked savings schemes (ELSS)
- Tax-saving investment proofs
- Capital gains - If you have earned some capital gains from the sale of the property and/ or mutual funds/ equity shares, then you will be required to report these gains in your ITR.
In case you need any more information regarding income tax filing or other financial services, then feel free to connect us at email@example.com. We provide you with professional Tax Experts who will resolve your query within limited time and satisfactory results.
Created on Jun 4th 2019 01:41. Viewed 187 times.