Step-by-step guide to download Pre-filled XML of ITRs 1, 2, 3 &4 for AY 2019-20by Sophie Grace What New When You Have Forgot to File Tax Return?
The Income Tax Department has recently stated that Pre-filled XML of ITR 1, 2, 3 and 4 for AY 2019-20 are now available at Income tax efiling website. On the other hand, Prefilled XML of other ITRs are expected to be available shortly.With all the forms available on the income-tax website and the deadline for ITR filing less than a month away, you may be in a hurry to file your returns.However, the downloading is available for those who are eligible to file ITR forms as per their eligibility and choose to file it online on e-filing website www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
Step by Step procedure to download pre-filled XML of Income Tax Return from efiling website is as under:
Step 1: Login to Income Tax e-filing Portal
Step 2: Go to My Accounts > Download Pre-filled XML
Step 3: Fill the required details and click “continue”
Step 4: Download Pre-filled XML
The following details are prefilled in the ITR form:
· PAN, Name, Date of Birth shall be prefilled from PAN database.
· Address, Aadhaar Number, mobile number and e-mail ID shall be prefilled from e-Filing Profile (Please update e-Filling Profile before proceeding).
· Tax Payment, TDS and TCS details shall be prefilled from Form 26AS.
· Details of Salary Income, allowances and deductions shall be prefilled from Annexure II of Form 24Q.
· Type of House Property shall be prefilled from last filed ITR.
· Details of Income from House Property shall be prefilled from Form 26AS.
· Details of Interest income details (u/s 244A) from Income Tax Refund.
· Tax relief u/s 89 shall be prefilled from Annexure II of Form 24Q.
· Details of Interest income from Term Deposit shall be prefilled from Form 26AS.
· Bank account details shall be prefilled from last filed ITR and e-Filing Profile.
· Verification Details – Self/Representative PAN details as applicable based on Logged in PAN.
An individual should keep in mind that before, downloading pre-filled form the users are required to check all the pre-filled information carefully. In case the prefilled data doesn’t match the personal information, income, deductions and tax credit details, users should make necessary corrections.
Created on Jul 13th 2019 00:32. Viewed 251 times.