What are the benefits and drawbacks of using MBBR technology on Sewage treatment plant?by Clear Ion Clear Ion Experts Pvt Ltd
Before discussing the benefits as well as drawbacks of any particular technology it is very much necessary to know all the basics of that particular technology. So here we will discuss everything about the MBBR (Mixed Bed Bio Reactor technology) and also we will see the good and bad impact that this technology puts forward when it is used on a sewage treatment plant.
How to define MBBR treatment?
This particular technology of wastewater treatment was developed back in the year 1980s and early 1990s; the technology was developed with the aim of fulfilling the problems that were coming up with the other wastewater treatment method. Then over the years, this technology became very popular among the people for all the multiple benefits that it offers.
- The sludge retention time improves it gets much higher and effective.
- Fluctuating load doesn’t cause operational issues.
- The production of sludge becomes lower.
- Requires less space.
- Toxic shock resistant.
- The process doesn’t need a secondary filter.
Now that we have discussed all the advantages that are offered by the MBBR technology in case of a sewage treatment plant so we can now move to the discussion of the disadvantages of the same.
The disadvantages of the Mixed Bed Bio Reactor technology on a sewage treatment plant are as follows:
- The major disadvantage is that to be done with MBBR technology the process of sewage treatment becomes a biological process, so for that, there would be a need for highly qualified staff.
- Also, one would need to continuously monitor the activity of the bacteria.
- For avoiding the loss of media MBBR technology needs good quality operators and also a high-level engineering firm.
- The people are also often seen complaining about the washing out of fixed film media, even when there are many strainer systems installed.
- Mechanical component failure would lead to a total shut down of the plant.
- It doesn’t produce fully pure waster the water treated through MBR or FBMR is more pure.
Created on Jul 24th 2020 02:26. Viewed 520 times.