What And Why of ReactJS And How is it Justified For Businessby Gary Ferguson Technical Writer | Blogger
ReactJS framework is gaining popularity in the front-end development domain over others. Many businesses are looking into ReactJS development to implement in their own website or web applications. This article will reflect on the aspects of what Reactjs is and why businesses could opt for this framework for front-end development.
What is Reactjs framework?
Introduced and maintained by Facebook and also individual communities contributing towards it ,Reactjs is an open-source library of modules and components that are used to build dynamic frontends for web applications and websites. The original creator Jordan Walke, software engineer at facebook implemented this in Facebook's newsfeed in 2011 and later it was picked up by instagram in 2012. With 2020 setting in, it saw a rise in the trend of developing single page applications. The library of reactjs comes in handy for developing such interactive and dynamic UI's. ReactJS development lets you handle the view layer of any web application or website. It quickly renders the objects and provides you with a preview of how the elements will look and react, which lets you fine tune it further. All these changes and data updation happens without the need of reloading the entire page.
Why to choose ReactJS ?
Here a few reasons why you can choose ReactJS over other frameworks.
- Virtual DOM : ReactJS creates a copy of DOM where all the changes can be made and later on commits the changes to actual DOM. This grants developers the flexibility to make changes without worrying about updating the entire DOM. This also aids in quicker rendering of the page and updating the data in the browser.
- Component Creation and reusability : React breaks down the view into code modules or individual components. These components of the ReactJS are reusable, thereby reducing the efforts of coding the new components from scratch.
- Easy to grasp : Lastly ReactJS is more of a library rather than a framework. This library can be paired or used with other frameworks hence the learning curve is small. For businesses this means it doesn't need them to invest heavily into the redevelopment of the existing system.
Why should businesses opt for ReactJS development?
Whenever a business looks into opting for a framework, there are certain questions that come up. Not always a framework that's popular can be a good fit for the businesses. And hence certain justifications need to be given to support the choice.
Let's try to address common questions that arise
- Long term point of view : Another concern is whether the investment made in it is justifiable ? Is the framework worth investing ? . No business wants to willingly invest in a framework that requires a team of different developers to work with. How viable is the developed piece of application in the longer run. Lastly what if the developer working on this platform quits what happens then ? .
4. Associated Risk : Risks like cost of licensing the framework, is it purely open-source or is it GPL-licensed code that could make company code to become open source by default ? what about developers quitting in the middle of the development process ? Ease in maintaining the codebase ? .
Firstly ReactJS has been relicensed under the MIT License, which (a) means there is no longer a patent-related threat from Facebook and (b) it's not GPL, so there's no risk of the company's code becoming open source and available to others.
In the end this is how ReactJS can be justified for businesses that are looking to opt for ReactJs development services. These are the dew pointers you as a business can consider while opting for ReactJS development. Although reactjs sounds interesting to work with, you can further consult software development companies for further clarification on how apt the framework can be for your project.
Author of this article is an experienced developer and solutions architect at a custom software development and blockchain company. He has worked and implemented various software solutions at small to large scale enterprise level.
Created on Mar 27th 2020 01:18. Viewed 54 times.