WASTEWATER TREATMENT - 3 R’s - REDUCE, RECYCLE & REUSEby Sauber Environmental Solutions Pvt. Ltd. We preserve Environment for better tomorrow.
Water awareness is vital in business and often forms an influential part of an environmental strategy. An understanding of how water affects your business activities and how your business affects water supplies is an ongoing and iterative process. This knowledge can influence business decisions and subsequently manufacturing processes, making procedures not only more sustainable but also more cost-effective.
Whatever is behind your need to reduce, recycle and reuse wastewater, decreasing your plant's water footprint is beneficial to your company and the community. The need for industrial water recycling and reuse has many drivers, including:
- Industrial and population growth: Growing population has increased the need for power generation, for example, which placed greater demands on water reuse.
- Fresh water costs: The cost of clean, fresh water is continually increasing, and is impacting all Businesses, Societies, Communities
- Regulatory requirements: Industrial sites have nowadays very stringent wastewater discharge permits that include flow and quality restrictions. Moreover, CPCB/SPCB Industrial Effluent Guidelines are often revised. Now, more demands and regulatory focus on Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) for Industrial units.
Similarly at some places, regulatory norms have restricted the quantity of fresh water supply to industries ..
- Social responsibility: Protecting the world's resources is a global concern: the general public is paying attention. Negative publicity around a company's water use can have an impact on a company's sales/growth.
- Discharge costs: treated wastewater disposal also add to treatment costs.
- Water scarcity: Many regions in India are susceptible to drought. Natural Ground water table is depleting in rapid pace. Additionally, some industrial plants have limited access to clean/fresh water.
- Power costs: In many industries, electricity cost is quite significant and they put efforts to enhance the power consumption efficiencies by utilising various options of ‘Waste to Energy’ technologies
- Land Scarcity: In today’s urban India, land availability is a major concern and always drives the companies for modern space saving technologies for their waste water solutions.
- Wastewater processing limitations: In many industries, plant wastewater treatment capacities have not increased proportionally with plant production. Plants are challenged to meet higher flows and have limited operational resources.
- Sustainability efforts: Many companies strive towards sustainability by utilizing economically sound programs that help minimize a plant's negative environmental impact while conserving energy and natural resources.
Sauber Environmental Solutions provides an edge for providing solutions to your industrial wastewater treatment issues of your company, by suggesting best techno-economic treatment as required by understanding your requirements and recognizing your needs to align the above mentioned drivers that are relevant for your Organisation.
We offer our wastewater solutions for Municipal Wastewater Plant, Oil & Gas Industries, Metal & Mining, Pharmaceutical Industries, Pulp & Paper, Textile industries, Thermal Power Plant, Leather industry, Distilleries, Food & Beverage, etcOne such REFERENCE PROJECT THAT WE HAVE COMPLETED along with our construction partner, M/s SMC Infra Pvt Ltd, Mumbai, FOR MUNICIPAL WASTEWATER treatment SOLUTIONS TOWARDS 100% RECYCLE AND REUSE (Zero Liquid Discharge-ZLD concept) IS 22.75 MLD SEWAGE RECYCLING PLANT FOR M/S. RASHTRIYA CHEMICALS AND FERTILIZERS LIMITED (RCF), TROMBAY, MUMBAI. HERE THE TREATED water of 15 MLD RO PERMEATE IS USED BY M/S. RCF & M/S. BPCL FOR THEIR INDUSTRIAL MANUFACTURING NEEDS thus addressing several of their key drivers like freshwater cost, regulatory requirement, Discharge costs, water scarcity and above all sustainability.
Created on Nov 15th 2019 07:40. Viewed 195 times.