Visit Britain and Make the Most of this Holiday Seasonby Victor Martin Blogger
Britain is seen as one of the most captivating and loved places by tourists from across the world. People often visit here in order to dissolve into its inexplicable beauty and see its architecture and historical advancements. Along with it, Britain is a place of Royalties and Royal Palaces where tourists find some of the most beautiful palaces to visit and enjoy their world-class craftsmanship. This holiday season Britain is one of the most preferred destinations by the travelers. If you’re planning to visit the place soon (if not then you should be), in this guide we are going to explore some of the most visited destinations and places in Great Britain.
These places are considered as a heaven for tourists and are known as the best one by the travelers across the world. Enjoy your time here and make the most of your available time on this holiday season by visiting these places. Also, while booking tickets to Britain or any other destination of your choice get good deals on British Airways flights on Cheapbestfares and make sure that you’re flying on low airfares.
1. London: Speaking of Britain and forgetting London would not be the right thing to do, right? London is the first choice of anyone who is visiting Great Britain for the first time. The city is filled with both modern and historical beauty. While your time here you can do a number of activities here which includes visiting its famous museums, its spectacular Tower Bridge, Big Ben, its Parliament Buildings, and its River The Thames. The city would definitely leave you with an amazing experience and would ensure that you’re making the most of your available time being in Britain.
2. Edinburg: Known for its majestic Edinburg Castle which is perched high above in the old city, the city is known for its amazing architecture and old city marvels. You can make the most of your time here in Edinburg by visiting Scottish National War Memorial, and the famous Stone of Destiny which was returned to Scotland after being held in London for 700 years. While your time here you can embrace other stuff as well, which includes its art galleries, cafés, and restaurants. Edinburg would leave you with an amazing experience and the beauty of the city would ensure that you’re having the most of your time being here.
3. Roman-Era Bath: One of the smallest cities of the United Kingdom, Bath is one of the most beautiful places to visit while your time here. The place was named after its famous Roman Baths; the beautiful city has been luring visitors from more than 2000 years. Today, you won’t find it possible to bathe in the original Roman Baths, but you can enjoy its nearby spas such as Thermae Bath Spa offers guests with the chance to enjoy the city’s famous waters. Book one-way flights to Bath and make your journey better by flying on low airfares with Cheapbestfares.
4. Salisbury: Salisbury is considered as a medieval city and is home to one of the planet’s oldest World Heritage Sites, Stonehenge. The place has been a pilgrimage for more than 4500 years, and was believed to have been erected as a place of worship. The site covers an area of more than 20 square kilometers and boasts a state-of-the-art visitor center. It is important that you plan ahead and purchase timed tickets for the day before your visit. Along with this, the city of Salisbury is located 16 kilometers south of Stonehenge. Dating back to 1220, you’ll find the original Magna Carta. Ensure that you’re wandering the old city center and are enjoying is historical medieval architecture and fine churches. The place will give you some of the most amazing time during your journey.
5. Medieval York and its Minster: Considered as Northern England’s most popular tourist destinations, the medieval city of York is one of the most visited places by tourists across the world. The city boasts one of the country’s most magnificent cathedrals. Or you’ll find the largest medieval church here which traces its roots back to the spread of Christianity in the 3rd Century, the York Minster. Its other landmarks include the ancient City Walls, stretching almost five kilometers around the old medieval city. You can also enjoy your National Railway Museum which includes many fine old steam engines dating as far back as 1820. The place arrives on the list of most visited places and is one of the best cities on the planet to visit once.
6. The University Towns of Cambridge and Oxford: The United Kingdom is seen as a center of learning since ancient times. Two of its famous universities are its highly-ranking tourist destinations. Cambridge and Oxford have been rivals for centuries for the title of the country’s top academic establishment. You can enjoy the rivalry in Boat Race taking place every spring on the River Thames. Along with it, while your time here you can wander to the United Kingdom’s largest preserved collection of historic buildings, or can tour the stunning college grounds. You can meet students and have chat with them as well as can eat and drink around the campus. Book your tickets to London now with Cheapbestfares and get London flight deals while making your first booking with us.
7. Canterbury: Considered as one of the most visited places in the United Kingdom, Canterbury is known for its amazing historic, preserved, timber-framed buildings. While your time here you can also visit places such as Canterbury Tales, the excellent Canterbury Roman Museum and etc. The place would give you a feel of amazing culture and tradition of Britain and would ensure that you’re making the most of your holidays. Book cheap flights to London with Cheapbestfares now and get an opportunity to make the most of your holidays by flying on low airfares. Not just flight tickets but you can buy hotel rooms and rent cars on Cheapbestfares as well.
Created on Oct 2nd 2019 04:30. Viewed 208 times.