Use UWPHook to add Microsoft Store games and apps to Steam with a single clickby Jack Arona Computer Service
The Steam app allows you to add EXE based games and applications. It is useful if you want to keep a list of games in one place. However, there is no way to add games that are downloaded from the Microsoft Store. In the past few years, the catalog of games on Microsoft Store has grown by multiple folds. In this post, we will share how you can add Microsoft Store games and apps to Steam with a single click.
Use UWPHook to add Microsoft Store games to Steam
We have already talked on this top where we showed how you can manually add Windows 10 Store Game apps to Steam – but and it is tedious. That’s where UWPHook comes into the picture. This application can add Microsoft Store games and apps to Steam with just a click.
If you are wondering why this helps, then if you are playing a UWP game, it will not display on your “Currently playing” status on your Steam account. But after using this, the status will show non-steam games. The app simplifies the process of adding UWP games to Steam it using a script via the app.
- Download and install the latest version of the UWPHook. You can choose to keep a different path.
- You will get the UAC prompt, and it will take a bit of time to configure the application for the first time.
- Once it launches, click on the “load installed UWP Apps,” it will populate all the Store apps and games you have installed from the Microsoft Store.
- Check against the apps you want to add to Steam, and then click on the button which says, “Export selected apps to Steam.”
- Next close UWPHook, and restart Steam. The games and apps will be listed.
- Launch the game from Steam, and it will show your current game on your status as long as you are playing it!
Steam Account Status for Non-Steam Games
Here is how it looked like when I played Microsoft Solitaire Collection after adding it to the Steam app. It will put up the message as “In non-Steam game Microsoft Solitaire Collection.”
Aaron Jack is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.
Created on Dec 10th 2019 06:38. Viewed 293 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.