UPSC Prelims Online Test Series To Crack Prelims 2019by Aakash Jain Award winning writer
No matter what people believe, ‘luck’ does exist, and it influences people. Those who rely only on luck won’t prepare well but will expect to crack the exam anyway. Others won’t neglect their training and will hope that their luck favors them. Candidates and aspirants spend their valuable time going through the subjects and topics extensively. However, only a handful of them spend their time attempting mock tests. Some even sit down with previous years’ question papers and try to solve while learning time management. These candidates are the ones who pass the examination in the end. Here are some reasons to invest time in mock tests.
1. Overcoming the Fear: Anxiety and fear always accompany UPSC Civil Services examinations. Every aspirant feels them regardless of their level of preparation, talent, or age. Fear and anxiety aren’t detrimental altogether because they keep you on your toes. Then again, too much of these two feelings can bring you down. The best way to get rid of unnecessary fear and anxiety is to practice upsc prelims test series 2019. Mock tests prove beneficial overcoming excess nervousness.
2. Preparing for the exam: There is no better way to prepare for an examination than by attempting mock tests. The UPSC prelims test series 2019 will help you analyze and tackle all your mistakes. Mock tests also help you revise all the topics that you have to learn for the examination. By facing mock tests regularly and rectifying your mistakes, you will embark upon a fast-track journey of learning.
3. Recognize the exam’s pattern: Understanding the profile of the UPSC Civil Services examinations is crucial, especially for the mains. If you examine the previous years’ questions, then you will encounter words such as ‘comment, critically examine, discuss, enumerate, etc.’ These terms aren’t ornamental because they are specific. Recognizing the questions and understanding the meaning of these words is the key.
4. Tackling uncertainties: Nothing is inevitable when it comes to the UPSC Civil Services examinations. Three years ago, the question paper contained more problems concerning the static portions. Experts predicted the opposite, but they were wrong. You can’t hope that you will encounter everything that you know. You need to prepare yourself in an all-encompassing way to handle everything they throw at you.
5. Net practicing: You see cricketers practicing their game in controlled environments. They play on a pitch surrounded by a sturdy net. Mock tests are precisely the same, and they prepare you for the ordeal. The examination takes place once a year. If you forget an answer while writing the exams, it will cost you dearly. You have to wait and prepare for another year. There is no reason for any aspirant to waste time.
Mock tests are the only reasonable solution that can help you pass the prelims and mains. Of course, some people go through previous years question papers and attempt the examination. A few of them earned success through this process, but it can be a bit tedious. You have to handle everything by yourself, and you can’t compete against others. Besides, it doesn’t teach you how to manage your time. So, you should incorporate mock tests into your preparation regime. You will realize the difference it creates when you sit for the UPSC.
Created on Aug 23rd 2019 01:00. Viewed 770 times.