Understanding the Canada Skilled Worker Program

by Elaar Immigration Consultant

Have you always wished to immigrate to Canada and start a living working there? If so, you can do that using the Canada skilled worker program. Read more about it below.

Understanding the Program

The Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) programs work for people who are eligible to move to Canada because of their work skills and experience. The vetting process usually checks your work skills, language eligibility, education, and whether you hit the current pass mark of 67 points.

Minimum Requirements

1.      Skilled Work Experience

For you to be classified as an applicant with skilled work experience, you must have worked in any of the following National Occupation Classification (NOC) job groups:

·         Managerial jobs (Skill type 0)

·         Professional jobs (Skill level A)

·         Technical jobs and skilled trades (Skill level B)

You can attain the 1-year stipulation by:

·         Working full time in one job: 30 hours a week for 12 months

·         An equal number of hours part-time: 15 hours per week for 24 months.

·         Full-time in more than one job: 30 hours per week for 12 months.


2.      Language Eligibility

For you to be evaluated on language eligibility, you must take the stipulated language tests either in English or French. The tests cover writing, reading, listening, and speaking, and one must attain the minimum score of the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all four abilities.

The language test scores are usually valid for two years after the date that the applicant gets their results. Therefore, the results must be valid on the particular date that one is applying for Canadian permanent residence.

3.      Education

For an applicant who studied in Canada, they must prove that with a certificate, diploma, or degree from a Canadian institution. The institution can be a secondary institution (high school) or post-secondary institution. For an applicant with foreign education, they must provide:

·         A complete credential.

·         An Education credential Assessment (ECA). The ECA requirement is for immigration purposes and must come from a designated organization showing proof that the education qualification that you have matches a certificate, diploma, or degree qualification from a Canadiansecondary institution (high school) or post-secondary institution.

Lastly, an applicant must provide proof that they can maintain their stay or their family’s while in Canada. If one has a valid job offer from a Canadian employer or are currently legally working in Canada, they do not need to provide this proof.

Sponsor Ads

About Elaar Immigration Junior   Consultant

0 connections, 0 recommendations, 11 honor points.
Joined APSense since, October 22nd, 2019, From Surrey ,BC, Canada.

Created on Jan 21st 2020 03:26. Viewed 272 times.


No comment, be the first to comment.
Please sign in before you comment.