Understand GDPR Compliant Website Before You Regret.by Thebes Group Managed IT Services Provider in UK
GDPR sets a high standard for consent, which will have a huge impact on the marketing industry. Customers will need to be given choice and control over how their data is handled. To comply, you’ll need to know how the GDPR defines personal data, where it’s located in your business, how it’s used, who can access it, and much more.
GDPR checklist: How to prepare
Here are some basic guidelines you should follow to make sure your website is GDPR compliant:
1. Learn more and communicate with your team
Make sure decision makers in your organization know about GDPR so they can act to protect your company. It’s also important to make sure your staff knows about the regulation.
2. Analyze your company’s current use of data
Ask yourself some key questions which will uncover whether or not you have anything to worry about when it comes to GDPR process consolidation:
· Do you collect data?
· If so, why?
· How do you use it?
· Is it secure?
· Do you share it with anyone?
3. Consent for Marketing Activities
Managing GDPR means you need to ensure that every data you collect on your website must have the explicit consent of the user to be used for marketing activities. Using data without consent will be violating the law and leading to heavy fines.
What does that mean for your website?
· If you're collecting data without being clear on how that data will be used, you will need to immediately rectify the situation by allowing users to opt in and choose how their data will be used.
· If you're collecting data through forms that tell users how it will be used, and allowing users the option to unsubscribe, you will be in much better shape when GDPR rules officially take effect.
5. Plan ahead for data breaches
GDPR gives companies certain time i.e. up to 72 hours to report data breaches to the necessary authorities. Be sure you have a plan for doing this in the unfortunate case of a breach.
7. Get help!
More on that below:
Hire ITSM solution providers
At Thebesgroup, we are focused on guaranteeing that our customers are secured with regards to GDPR. Have more questions about GDPR compliance? Ask us!
Created on Oct 8th 2018 06:15. Viewed 208 times.