Unable to Sign in to the MetaMask - Reset the Passwordby Sophia Williams Technology News
MetaMask Sign in to becoming an issue for you because of the password, not a problem anymore. If you want to readjust the MetaMask password you can easily do it in just a few minutes on both extension and mobile. Not being a cloud-based solution, MetaMask does not have access to your secret recovery phrase for resetting your password by itself. It locally resides on the client side and is visible to you only.
Reset your password on your wallet settings
Before initiating the process of resetting the password for your MetaMask wallet, make sure you have access to your Secret Recovery Phrase with you, or else there is a risk of getting your wallet locked and you will not be able to reset the password.
Let’s have a look at the procedure for resetting the password using the wallet settings.
- MetaMask sign in into your wallet is necessary to reset the password
- Click on the “Menu icon”
- Select “Security & Privacy”
- Click on “Change Password”
- Enter your current password
- Then, create a new password
- Go with “Confirm password”
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Finally, click on “Reset password”
In some cases, the option of resetting the password doesn’t appear. If you ever encounter this, you can reset your password by importing your wallet with the help of your secret recovery phrase.
Reset your password – work with Secret Recovery Phrase
If you have the Secret recovery phrase, you can easily reset the password by importing it. To do so, have a look at these steps:
- Open MetaMask extension via visit Metamask
- Below the “Unlock” option, click on “Import using Secret Recovery Phrase”
- The next page will appear like “Restore your account using Secret Recovery Phrase”
- Paste the Secret Recovery Phrase
- Enter a new password and confirm it
- Lastly, click on “Restore” to reset the password.
MetaMask sign-in is now not an uphill task after you have learned to reset the password for your wallet. It is advised to note down the new password somewhere to avoid further difficulties. It is also recommended to note the Secret Recovery Phrase because it is a prerequisite for changing the password. The absence of this may put your wallet at risk of getting locked so no matter what, we recommend you to not lose sight of your recovery phase.
Created on Sep 8th 2022 06:14. Viewed 165 times.