Trekking On The Land Of Gods Near Pantnagarby Areeb Khan Professional Laundry Attendant
Uttrakhand is a state which is also known as the land of Gods. One of the beautiful places located here is Pantnagar, which is a town and a university campus in the district of Udham Singh Nagar. One can find inexpensive 3-star hotels in Pantnagar to stay. Uttrakhand has always been an attraction for trekkers. Some of the best trekking locations near Pantnagar are as follows:
• Glacier trek: Pindari Glacier trek near Bageshwar is one of the most favorite trekking destinations for beginners. With an altitude of 12,300 feet above the sea level, the trek to Nandkot mountain begins at Saung, about 36 kilometers away from the glacier fall.
• Chenap valley trek: A Garhwal Himalaya trek is beautiful and relatively less explored trek which will take you through the Deodar forests watching the scenic beauties of Nandkot, Nanda Devi, and Dronagiri. You can explore the beautiful Chai village and ultimately finish your trek reaching the alluring Chenap valley.
• Har ki Doon: This is one of the least explored trek spots of Uttrakhand. With a distance of 257 kilometers from Pantnagar, and altitude of 11482 feet approximately, Har Ki Doon trek will enthrall you with the fragrance of orchids, alluring glaciers, and beautiful meadows.
• Binsar trek: With just a distance of 140 kilometers approximately from Pantnagar, Binsar wildlife sanctuary is ideal for those who want a relaxed trek and enjoy the forest watching some rare species of flora and fauna. You can plan and begin your trip by booking one of the budget hotels in Pantnagar such that you reach in the evening, rest for the night and begin your trek the next day.
• Bagini Glacier: Located in the Garhwal Himalayas at a distance of 172 kilometers from Pantnagar approximately, this trek will let you witness beautiful landscapes and wildflowers. You will also experience some attractive garhawali villages on the way.
• Roopkund: Most appropriate to visit during summers, Roopkund takes you to the mystical trip of glaciers with a lot f human skeletons visible on the way adding a dark side to this enchanting beauty. Over it is an experience not to be missed.
• Best time to travel: Though one can travel during any time of the year, it is advisable not to visit such places during monsoon. However, this only goes for mountain ranges.
Uttrakhand is amongst the most awe-striking places of India. You can come down to Pantnagar airport and plan your itinerary from there. Finding hotels in Pantnagar can be quite tricky if you are absolutely new to the place. However, if you have done your research, this should not be the problem.
Created on May 14th 2018 04:47. Viewed 795 times.