Top Tips to Consider While Hiring Buffet Catering Servicesby Simon White Food Catering
Often it happens that a person decides to go for buffet style catering, but change his decision later, as he finds it really tough to make both ends meet. This happens when the event organiser fails to find a competent buffet catering services company. In that case too, it could be really easy to arrange a highly memorable event, but for that you’ll have to go through the tips discussed in this post.
Choose the right menu
- The first tip is that you need to pick the right menu and this tip applies equally on all kinds of catering.
- This is an essential part of any event and you have to consider several things like taste preferences, special dietary requirement, allergy related points and so on.
- If some of your guests are vegetarian, ensure that some dishes do cater for vegetarian options.
- To match different tastes and preferences, you can experiment with different flavours and cuisines from all over the globe.
- You should pick everything including international, Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, Japanese and so many more.
- According to the experts, one thing that you need to know is that this kind of catering often offers a full setup.
- This setup and all other equipments would be supplied by the catering company, but you’ll have to supply is the right amount of space to accommodate that setup.
- The equipments offered should include buffet tables with skirting, chafing dishes, serving utensils and dishes and cutlery.
- However, if your party space is your home, you should opt for mini buffets, where food is delivered in disposable containers and dropped off to you without setup.
Budget and Pricing
- Buffet catering services companies say that in maximum cases, this menu is priced at per pax system to serve a minimum number of people.
- Therefore, it is very important that you keep your budget on the top of the list of the things to be considered.
- You need to have a sufficient amount of budget to cover the entire meal that includes appetizers, mains, desserts and drinks, if required.
- You need to ensure that your order has hit minimum spending or headcount for the menu required.
- In most companies, the minimum spending ranges between $50 to $1,500 and the minimum spending from restaurants can range between $30 to $800.
- Therefore, it is very important that you have pre-determined the minimum and maximum headcount and informed it to the buffet catering services providing company.
Some other top things that you need to keep in mind are –
- Checking reviews to find out, if their portions run on the light or on the heavy side to ensure ample orders are made.
- Make sure that plates, cutlery and napkins are provided by the caterer.
- When ordering for large groups beyond 150 pax, it’s recommended to order even earlier in advance.
- Be sure to stick to these minimum order notices, as some caterers are quite strict about not accepting last minute orders.
- Surcharges may be incurred upon special requests.
Created on Nov 6th 2017 05:03. Viewed 388 times.