Top Best Tips to Improve the Performance of ASP.net Web Applicationby Becky Turner Web Developer
There are some few tips to improve the performance of an ASP.net applications. There are many things that can ensure better performance and faster response time for a web application. Few of the best practices that will help you avoid some undesirable performance from your application. So there are much more applications which run quicker and gives a better response time.
1. Use of Caching:- It is a good technique to improve your application’s performance. If your application has more static content of web page then you can use caching. If your application does not order real-time content to be delivered, consider using output caching. However, data caching will not be the latest for the mentioned period during enabling. You can cache entire page on the type of static data you have.
2. Disable View State:- View state is a technique used by an ASP.net to maintain a current data for a web application to continue to change the state of web form on postbacks that is otherwise stateless. But view state increases the load of the page when it is requested and is served. It also increases the memory allocation on the server as well. When there is no postback required we can disable the view state of the pages. It is turned on for all pages and controls. So turn it off wherever it is not required.
3. Unnecessary Round Trips:- Round trips to server affects the Performance because the request and the response transferred to server and client. It takes some time to process the server and make the object before the response is sent back. Sometimes the server is busy with too many requests, can further affect the speed. So keep entire Round Trips minimum. It can be done in every case depend on your application. Few examples are:-
i. Whenever possible use AJAX UI
iii. Avoid unnecessary database.
iv. Use Post back method.
4. Use CSS and Script File:- Using large CSS file that is used in multiple pages for the entire site will increase the loading time of the page. It can be stored in different files so this will load only what is required for each page. This will reduce the loading time of the pages.
5. Use of Paging:- In .net you can take the advantage of Paging simplicity. Server loads a large number of records in data controls such as Gridview, Datagrid, and Listview etc., this will take a lot of time for the page to load. If we only show small subdivisions of data at a time, the page will load faster. Click the next button, previous button or on the page number, you can load another page.
6. Use String builder to connect Strings:- When you have must modify or connect a string several times you can use String rather than StringBuilder. A String is unchangeable while StringBuilder is changeable. You cannot change fixed objects after it was created. But Strings is useful in many circumstances.
7. Using Stored Procedure:- the Stored procedure is used to avoid the multiple database hits, and get many things done on only single hit.
There are some of the tips to improve the best performance of the ASP.net. Rejoin Web Solution is a certified ASP. net development Company in India provides the custom .net web application development services with optimum quality standards at the cost-effective price. We have been in the business of software development from last 10 years and we have a lot of specialist in software development by following sharp methods.
Created on Jan 4th 2018 06:14. Viewed 332 times.