Tips to Prepare for JEE Mains and 12th Board Examination Together
by Himanshu Sharma Online Marketing
JEE Main conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education is the most crucial examination for the candidates who are seeking a career in the field of Engineering. Applicants who secure minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST candidates) or are in top 20 percentile in 10+2 or its equivalent examination are considered eligible to get admission in B.Tech through Joint Entrance Examination Main hence it is essential for the candidates to perform equally good in 12th Board exam as well. Preparing for both national level examination i.e. JEE Main and 12th CBSE Board exam is a strenuous task and students often get confused about how to prepare, what to prepare, where to start from? Considering the problem faced by the aspirants we have come up with some on-point preparation strategies that will definitely act like a potion and will prove to be of great help. Follow this article and you will get the solution to your confusion.
Difference Between JEE (Main) and CBSE Board Examination
- Let’s get a clear picture of both JEE Main and 12th CBSE board examination to understand the difference between the two. These two examinations fall a month apart making it more challenging for the applicants.
The syllabus of Joint Entrance Examination Main includes the syllabus of class 11th& 12th both, whereas 12th CBSE Board exam considers the syllabus of class 12th only.
- The question pattern of Joint Entrance Examination Main is multiple choice objective type, while descriptive type questions are asked in 12th Board exam.
JEE Main examination has negative marking whereas no such practice is followed in 12th Board exam.
- The difficulty level of questions asked in Joint Entrance Examination Main is kept very high to eliminate the students of average caliber, while 12th CBSE Board examination includes questions that could be easily attempted by all average students.
Tips to prepare for JEE Mains and 12th Board Examination together
Know the syllabus of both examinations so that you will know what topics and subject will be covered in each and it will help to prepare accordingly for the same.
Joint Entrance Examination Main includes the syllabus of class 11th& 12th hence start your preparation from the time of joining class 11th and complete the syllabus in class 11th itself, don’t leave to prepare it in class 12th. NCERT books are considered best as it covers the syllabus very accurately and prove to be of great help while preparing for JEE main and 12th Board examination.
Work on the basic concepts so that it will help to answer the questions asked by both 12th Board and JEE examination.
Maintain separate notebooks for both examinations as there are some topics that are not asked in Board examination but are asked in JEE Main.
- While preparing for 12th Board examination don’t forget to keep some time for JEE examination. Dedicate few hours daily for the preparation of entrance test and solve minimum 20 questions of Joint Entrance Examination Main level.
Revise the syllabus of Class 11th
Revise the syllabus of Class 11th time to time while preparing for 12th Board examination and Joint Entrance Examination Main. If the concepts of class 11th are prepared strongly then revising the syllabus will become a lot easier. It is very hard to find time for the revision of class 11th syllabus during academic session of class 12th hence candidates shall keep holidays, Sundays, summer or winter break, or any festival break for revising the syllabus of class 11th.
Preparation strategy for JEE Main and Class 12th Board Examination
Follow the strategies listed below to make your preparation routine easy and smooth to practice while preparing for JEE Main 2018 and Class 12th Board examination simultaneously.
- Try to keep at least 30 mins daily for the preparation of JEE Main examination during the last few months before Class 12th Board examination. Practice sample questions and mock test papers for the better result.
- Take the help of sample papers and question bank to get the idea about the exam pattern, types of questions asked, division of marks and topics asked frequently.
- Solve minimum one sample paper daily to know where the mistakes are done the most and you will be able to rectify it on time-saving yourself from committing it during the examination.
- Practice mock test daily it will help to manage the time required to finish the question paper on time. It will help you in time management and you will be able to figure out which section needed what amount of time and will help to prepare the order of attempting the sections depending upon the time required to attempt each of it.
- Use stopwatch while solving sample papers or practicing mock test papers to rehearse finishing the examination on time.
- Try to maintain handy notes of the concepts and topics that are unfamiliar and quite tricky to remember the right explanation. These will help a lot to revise the concepts before appearing in the examination.
- “All work and no play make Jack a dull boy” it is true and is equally important to consider by the students while preparing for Joint Entrance Examination Main and Class 12th examination. Include stress busters in your preparation routine. Take a gap and go for a walk, watch movies, play any sort of outdoor or indoor games, listen to some good refreshing music and keep your mind fresh and calm. Stress Busters acts like a magic potion and helps to retain your energy and keep you away from boredom.
- Take good care of your health as well, eat good food and take enough sleep. These are the keys to keeping yourself strong enough to beat all odds. Students often ignore their health which is strictly prohibited. Proper nutrition will help to restore your energy and will make you more productive keeping you safe from any type of physical or mental sickness.
Created on Oct 11th 2017 15:57. Viewed 482 times.