Tips in Looking Slim in Swimwear for Women
by Sunil Rawat Marketing Manager
Everybody desires to look like a vision in a bikini or any other swimwear. Unfortunately, not all people are blessed with the size zero gene. But that does not sentence us to a life of wearing oversized T-shirts or other unbecoming things to the beach or pool. While eating healthy and regular exercise is vital in helping you achieve the much coveted look in swimwear or bodysuits for women, there are several ways to look slim in your swimwear.
Tips on How To work with Your Body Type in Wearing Swimwear
But, there are five body types in women. These are the triangle, the o shape, rectangle, x shape and \ the inverted triangle. For most rectangles, looking slim in swim wear is not usually a challenge. Here, is how you find out and dress your body type for the other 4 body types:
Tips for those with a triangle-shaped body
Do you have a small upper body, narrow shoulders, a slim waistline and wide hips? Then this is your body type. The trick in wearing a swimsuit for you lies in taking the attention away from the heavy hips. Here, are tips on doing that:
- The magic of color mixing: Colors have the most dramatic effect on how any dress looks when worn. To take attention away from the lower half, avoid bright colors for swimwear. Cool colors will always have a slimming effect. Draw attention to your upper body by getting a more colorful bikini top.
- Cut in swimwear and bodysuits for women determines everything: Always go for a high cut in the bikini bottom. This helps slim the thigh area. A low cut will make your lower half appear too wide.
- As for the design, tankinis will look fabulous on you: If you have to wear a two piece, select bottoms with wide fold over bands or skirts that skim over the hips. These will conceal the hips and give an illusion of longer legs.
Tips for the O shape
Would you define your body shape as a few extra pounds? O shapes tend to have no defined waistline and mostly are heavy both up and down. That does not mean you cannot look slim in your swimwear, here is how.
- Create an illusion of a waistline: A cross over swimsuit will do a perfect job at this.
- The miracle of Lycra and spandex: These two materials are the perfect way of shaping your figure. Choose fabrics that have a high content of both.
- Focus on your assets: Most O shapes have beautiful bust lines and supremely shapely legs. To take attention away from the extra pounds try highlighting your assets.
Tips for the inverted triangle
Do you have wide shoulders, a small bust, a somehow slim waistline and narrow hips? Then this is your body type. The trick for looking slimmer here is trying to strike a balance between the top and bottom half.
- The secret lies in the bikini top straps: Bikini tops with wide straps will help you balance out the wide shoulders. You should avoid spaghetti straps and triangular cut bikini tops at all costs.
- Color mixing: You will want to draw attention away from your top half. What better way is there than getting brighter colors for the bottom? Pick high cut hips and go for bold colors for the bikini bottom.
Tips for the X shape
If you have a full bust, slim well defined waistline and wider hips, then you fall here. Here, are ways to look slim in your swimwear if you are an x or hourglass.
- Emphasize your slim waistline by going for two piece suits. If you are not entirely comfortable with that tankinis are also terrific.
- If you have a fuller bust choose a v neckline. Feel free to experiment with color and different patterns.
The most valuable tip to note when looking for ways to look slim in your swimwear, is to dress your figure. You should also learn the secret of using support. With all this in mind, finding swimwear or bodysuits for women should be more fun.
Created on May 12th 2021 12:31. Viewed 185 times.