Tips for Teaching Preschoolers to Writeby The Cathedral Vidya School The Cathedral Vidya School
Teaching preschoolers to write is not an easy task since hand muscles of children are not well-developed at the age of 3 or 4 so in a way they are not well-prepared for it. But amazingly, coloring/scribbling is some sort of workout that helps hand muscles to strengthen up. Most of the children enjoy coloring, and thus, they learn how to grip a pencil. So, first, make writing fun!
· Start with Large Arm Movements: Now the question is what is the relation between large arm movements and writing? Large arm movements help children to strengthen their entire arms. If you encourage your children to mark on a sheet of paper attached to the smooth wall, you will naturally encourage large arm movements. So, the first step for teaching preschoolers to write is to encourage large arms movements.
· Make Use of Your Fingers: Not pencil but your fingers are the most important writing tools. Make them learn writing through the use of fingers on sand, salt trays, etc. These are some multi-sensory techniques that encourage the preschoolers to write with fun. Rainbow writing in a paint tray gets preschoolers interested in writing.
· Use Interesting Tools for Writing: Some preschoolers do not enjoy finger painting. In that case, to spark their interest in writing, offer them unique writing tools like smelly markers, chalk, oil pastels, colored pencils, and different types of paint etc.
· Teach Preschoolers to Write with Journals: Blank white paper is the best homemade journal. For pre-schoolers, you will see those making circle-like shapes and lines on the blank paper. To spark their interest in writing, provide them with circular items or straight items such as small cups, bottle cap lids, rulers, etc.
· Teach to Write Their First Names: First names are one of the most memorable names preschoolers will learn to write. When preschoolers are starting to write, suggest them to pick a smooth rock from the garden and write their names on it with a marker. This process makes writing fun.
· Build a Writing Station: A writing station, decorated with papers or cards, writing tools, stickers or scissors invites children to write. A writing station is a place where preschoolers wish to go back to over and over again. If you don't have a permanent writing station, set up a temporary writing station where children will spend their spare time during holidays making gift-cards, greetings card, etc.
Made Easy Preschool is one of the best pre nursery schools in South Delhi, where they assure you of high quality teaching. They follow all the aspects of teaching preschoolers to make writing fun for them.
Source Link:- http://www.pagehire.com/tips-for-teaching-preschoolers-to-write/
Created on May 27th 2019 07:18. Viewed 249 times.