Tips for local home shifting tips and checklistby Ram Sewak Transportation
Home shifting can be extremely emotional and stressful. Emotional because it is not easy to leave your old home and memories and stressful because of the moving process indulged. To ensure a successful relocation you need, Agarwal packers are appointed as the moving professionals and a detailed checklist with a smart plan to get the things completed right.
The best house shifting tips to stay organized throughout the move and start planning early so that you have adequate time to complete everything. Plan effectively and leave no room for error with the below-mentioned home shifting tips and checklist.
The job is made easier by breaking up the entire shifting process into steps:
1 month before- Give yourself at least a month to complete the tasks and won’t be stressed out by doing things at the last minute.
• Create a moving checklist: There will be hundreds of tasks to remember when you are shifting home and you just can’t rely on your strong memory. As soon as you get to know, that you are moving, make a list of the things side by side. You can write the things down in your mobile notes instantly when you memorize anything. Later you can write everything together in one place.
• Search for the movers and get quotes from them: Moving companies provide an efficient moving solution to make your move easier in all ways. They have customized solutions to meet the different requirements or different customers. Therefore, start searching for a potential moving company online. You will get a long list of movers located near you with just a single search. Now, what you have to do is, choose at least 3 companies out of the long list present in front of you and perform a thorough reassert.
• Call the movers and know about the services that they offer along with the prices charged. Make sure you have infirmed all your needs and requirements to them and asked for a quote based on the same.
• De-clutter your valuable items- The relocation expenses mainly depend upon the volume of goods that you wish to relocate. So, it is recommended to get of rid of waste items by de-cluttering the stuff. Categorize the goods as good and bad articles. The good ones that are of regular use whereas the bad ones that no longer serve your purpose, you can either donate the goods to the ones who may need them more than you do or you can sell them via online web portals such as OLX, QUICKER, etc.
• Request for a pre-move survey of your goods- Once the goods have been sorted out, call the movers and schedule a pre-move survey to get your goods examined. Make sure you provide a convenient time for the surveyor and you are present at home.
• Compare and hire a moving company- Once you have received the actual rate list, compare them along with the company’s profile and review. To know about a company in a much better way, read the reviews posted by the former customers and check ratings too. Monitor social media channels too, they are known to be a good source to gather maximum information about the movers and packers.
• Select the right date of move- The charges by moving companies vary during weekends and weekdays. Due to their heavy demand during weekends, they charge comparatively higher whereas the charges are low during weekdays. Thus, choose a relevant day based on your routine and let the movers know about that day in advance. Early information will help you to get the desired slots.
• Update the address- Home relocation is not only the process of moving goods, there are several tasks associated with terms of legality too. Here it refers to update the new address of your home. Get it updated as soon as you have finalized your new home.
1 week before: finally only one week to go, check whether you have got organized.
• Prepare overnight bag- You won’t be able to unpack everything on the same night when your goods have been shifted. So, prepare an overnight bag by storing the items that you may need frequently. The articles may include- medicines, prescriptions, your laptop, mobile phone charger, clothes, cosmetics, and other items.
• Organize important documents and jewelry-Do do not forget to organize your important documents, ornaments, and other precious stuff that you may have at your home. Moving companies never pack and move such precious items. You have to take care of your own.
• Manage utility services- Call and inform your moving date to the utility vendors and ask them to disconnect the services according to the same. You can also get them transferred to your new place too.
• Stop purchasing groceries- You should stop buying groceries at least a week before moving day and use the remaining veggies to cook meals. This will reduce food wastage because it is not allowed to shift the perishable items.
1 day before: Just a day to go.
• Prepare a packing zone- To eliminate the mess, it is beneficial to create a packing zone where the movers can comfortably sit and pack your stuff. Keep all the articles in one room and prohibit your other family members and kids from getting inside.
• Make arrangements for refreshments- Get some snacks and juices arranged for the movers. Feed them while they complete packing and moving tasks.
• On moving day: Moving day is here, weeks of preparation have led you here. Here are couples of things to ensure hassle-free moving.
- Vacant the service lift and find an appropriate space for parking.
- Guide movers while packing and loading the stuff.
- Double-check all the rooms and make sure everything is properly packed and nothing is left out.
- Get the information about the route that Agarwal packers and movers will be taking.
Yeah, finally done, it was a really long and exhausting process. Hope these tips will help you in the best possible way and you may have a happy and hassle-free move.
Created on Oct 24th 2020 00:55. Viewed 105 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.