Tips and Tricks for Google Chrome Browserby John J. best network security solutions
Google Chrome is the first program users install when they purchase a new computer or laptop. Google Chrome has many features that make it easy for us to browse websites. Once you understand the basics of Chrome, you can add new extensions, personalizing your experience, and even use Chrome on your Smart TV.
Here are the steps for using Google Chrome:
- Download Chrome on your Computer.
If you have not downloaded Chrome yet, you can download it for free. Here are the steps to download it:
- Open Chrome download page and press Download Chrome.
- Tap Accept and Install.
- Press Run and Save if asked. In case you pressed Save, double-click the file you downloaded to run it after that go through the on-screen instructions to download.
- Go through the on-screen instructions to download.
- After downloading the Chrome, you can go to it by pressing Google Chrome in the Start menu.
- Sign in with your Google account.
This is not compulsory, but helpful if you like to get your bookmarks, passwords, history and preferences anywhere while using Chrome. Here’s how:
- Press the profile icon located near the right side of your browser. In case you are not logged in, it has a symbol of a grey circle with a grey profile of a person inside.
- Tap Enable Sync.
- Log in to your Google account.
- Press Enable when asked.
- Find the website.
You can take help of search column at the top of Chrome to type a direct URL or find the website. Here’s how:
- Press the search column.
- Enter your search term or URL if you like to use a particular site.
- Click Enter tab.
- Make Use of tabs.
Google Chrome permits you to go through multiple tabs with a single screen, which makes it easy for you to search on the multiple sites at the same time.
- Press plus icon located to the currently open tab at the top of the web.
- Press square icon at the right side and choose New tab.
- Click CTRL+ T.
- To go to the link in a new tab, right click on the link, after that select the Open link in new tab.
- Tap any tab along the top of the window to bring it into view.
- Move tabs left or right to rearrange them.
- Right-click a tab to see many options, containing Reload, Duplicate, Pin tab, Mute website, Close tab, Close other tabs. Reopen closed tabs and Bookmark all tabs.
- To shut down a tab, press the X on the right corner of the screen.
Use “Find” to get strings of text on a site. If you are looking for a specific word or sentence on a website, you can follow these steps:
- Click CTRL+F to go to the Find screen, A screen will come at the right side.
- Enter the text you are looking for.
- lick the Enter button. All the matches on display will be highlighted.
- In the Find column, use the arrows to browse all the text.
Harry Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Norton, Webroot, McAfee, Microsoft Office and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.
Created on Dec 28th 2018 10:58. Viewed 259 times.