Things to Remember While Choosing a Domain Nameby Jerry Peres Domain Name Registration
A domain name works as an address. If your website is a home, then your domain name is the address. A domain name adds credibility to your online business. Having your own Domain Name makes your business look professional. Since many people do not trust the internet, you should do whatever it takes to make them trust you. Your visitors should know that your company is worth putting their money into. A nice and catchy domain gets you your customer’s attraction and increases your trustworthiness.
Having your own domain name indicates that you are a part of the digital revolution. It shows that you are up-to-date with the contemporary technology. A right domain name can increase the traffic on your website for good which in turn will result in more customers and better sales.
Although there are certain things that you need to keep in mind while choosing a domain name. Let’s start with the list of those points that would increase your chances of a good domain name.
1. Choose the right domain name extension – Choosing the right extension decides how much traffic your website is going to attract. While there are many extensions available in the market, you should probably go with the easy one. According to a research from Domain Name Stat, 43% of the websites use the ‘.com’ extension.
There are many successful websites that are doing well with other domain names, but as a beginner, you should stick with the most common one. Many people don’t know about other extensions, so it would be better for your website to stick with ‘.com’
2. Stand out from the crowd – A unique domain name will make your website unique and stand out. A name should represent your brand and your work. The first thing that attracts your client is your name. So, try to choose a name that is not too common in your business.
3. Choose short names – A shorter domain is much better than a longer one. It is easy to remember and type. Limit the number of characters when you register your domain.
4. Avoid any special characters or numbers- Adding special characters or numbers will make your name complicated and hard to remember. Your domain name should be smooth and punchy, hyphens and numbers get into the way of that.
5 Consider using comfortable keywords – Keywords help improve your SEO. While putting keywords in the name, put them in such a way that it looks natural. Don’t stuff your keyword in places they do not belong.
6. Come up with your own name- It is very likely that all the good names are taken. Do your research and come with a name that is creative. Go on the web and search for names; that would give you an idea of which names are taken. It will later reduce the odds of you stumbling upon the same name that you came up with and saving you from the frustration. There are many free domain registration websites that may help you in this.
So, you have got a nice and unique domain name, now what? Register your domain on the web and put it there. Let people know that you are in the market. Domains are your digital footprints, your customers can find you using them. Domains are the reason that customers get attracted to many websites. With almost 2 billion websites in circulation, the competition for a unique and simple domain name is more brutal than ever. You need to stand out in the competition with your own unique choice.
Created on Nov 28th 2019 02:16. Viewed 710 times.