Things to Know about Student Visa Subclass 500 Australiaby Advise 365 International Education
Do you know that Australia’s higher education system is ranked 8th in the Universities 2019 U21 Ranking of National Higher Education Systems? That is higher than Germany, Norway and Japan!
Australia is no doubt one of the best countries for education. Here are some of the top reasons:
● Australia offers globally accredited qualifications
● Australia has the top-ranked universities in the world
● Australia has a multi-cultural society
● Australia has great outdoors where students can experience the beautiful nature
● Australia provides different types of student visas
● Australian universities are located in both rural and urban settings
How to acquire a student visa for Australia?
Student Visa Australia: Any international student can visit Australia and participate in a course of study using a Subclass 500 Student Visa. This visa allows you to stay and study in Australia for a maximum of 5 years. You can participate in an eligible course of study and travel in and out of Australia.
Bring Family Members: You can include family members when you lodge your application. This means your partner or your or your partner's dependent child who is unmarried and has not turned 18 years of age.
Cost of Visa: The main applicant has to pay at least AUD630 for this visa. If your family member is also a part of the application, additional charges may apply. Additional costs include costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
Processing Times: The processing times for different education sectors vary. For instance, the processing times for Postgraduate Research Sector are:
● 25% of applications take at least 15 days
● 50% of applications take at least 28 days
● 75% of applications take at least 3 months
● 90% of applications take at least 6 months
The processing times for Schools Sector are:
● 25% of applications take at least 17 days
● 50% of applications take at least 29 days
● 75% of applications take at least 59 days
● 90% of applications take at least 5 months
The processing times for Vocational Education and Training Sector are:
● 25% of applications take at least 26 days
● 50% of applications take at least 89 days
● 75% of applications take at least 7 months
● 90% of applications take at least 11 months
You must check the processing times for their applications based on their education sector. Your application may take longer in case:
● You have not filled it correctly
● You have missed a document
● It is taking time to verify your information
Visa Extension: You can apply for a new visa and stay in Australia for a longer time. If you have completed specific qualifications in Australia in the last six months, you might be eligible for a temporary graduate visa subclass 485.
Health Insurance: You and your accompanying family members must be covered by Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). This cover should be provided by an approved Australian health insurance provider. This cover should be your complete stay in Australia.
Eligibility Criteria: The eligibility criteria for Student Visa Subclass 500 includes the following:
● Your age must be 6 years or more
● You need to provide a Confirmation of Enrolment at a full-time course
● You need to provide language proficiency proof
● You need Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) from an approved Australian health insurance provider for the length of your stay in Australia
● For applicants under 18 years of age, you need adequate welfare arrangements in place while you are in Australia
● You need to fulfil the financial requirements
● You need to meet the mental health and character requirements
If you are applying for a student visa from Australia, you must make sure that there is plenty of time before your current visa expires. If you are applying for a student visa from outside Australia, you must apply at least 6 weeks before your course begins. Know more about the visa application process from the official website of Australia Immigration.
Created on Apr 7th 2022 13:02. Viewed 117 times.