Things to Consider When Looking For Comfortable Contemporary Sofa Bedsby Rohan Sharma Lalco Interiors
People usually are the happiest at home – William Shakespeare
Wasn’t William Shakespeare accurate in his statement about home and happiness? Nothing beats the pleasure of being in comfort of one’s own home. After a long day of tedious work, we all look forward to heading home and sinking into the arms of our welcoming Sofas!! Whether you like them plush or hard, big or small; every well-chosen sofa is a piece of heaven for its owner.
Most Sofa’s today are multifunctional, to increase their utility value. Sofas that can act as a rocking chair, massage chair-cum-sofa, sofa-cum-beds are just a few variants. If you are in the market for a multi-functional sofa that can serve as a bed in time of need, then make sure to consider the following points before you make your purchase:
- Style of the bed: Sofa beds come in different styles and can be chosen according to your personal style, space in your home and sleeping requirement. Some of the sofa styles include – Futon: the Simplest form of sofa bed with a cushion on top of a metal or wooden frame (usually comfortable for sleeping for up to 2 people max), Pullout Couch: A sofa, which becomes a bed easily and when needed (Comfortable for 2 people to sleep on, it can accommodate up to 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 kids) or Sleeper Chair: A chair which folds out in a twin sized bed.
- Type of mattress used: While buying a sofa bed it is also important to pick the right mattress for it. While some sofa beds are sold with a mattress, others will require you to buy one. Different types of mattresses that can be fitted in a sofa bed include Cotton/Polyester fill, foam fill, inner-spring, and Air-over-coil. Feel free to plop yourself on the sofa bed you plan to buy and assess its comfort level before finalizing the deal. Keep in mind that the mattress will be used as a bed as well and hence it should not be too hard or too soft and offer good back support.
- Type of unfolding: It is advisable to open up the sofa bed at least once at the store before buying. According to the type of opening, the sofa beds are classified into Click Clack – pull the bed forward till you hear a click sound, Power Open- Press a button and see the bed unfold and Pullout- Pull the sofa forward and see it become a bed! Your sofa bed must be easy to operate and must not call for way too much fumbling to open up.
- Budget: Of course, the budget is the key focus and how much are you willing to spend on a sofa bed. You get sofa beds in varying budgets. Set yourself an upper limit and stay within it no matter how tempting the range may be.
- Size of the bed: There is no point buying a sofa which unfolds into a huge bed, and there is no walking space left in the room. Hence, consider the size of the room and the sofa bed carefully before finalizing the deal.
- Mattress cleaning techniques: There are certain bedding which can be cleaned by vacuum, there are still others which require washing. So, it is important for you to check the washing instructions and pick up a sofa bed you can maintain without much hassle.
Armed with these tips you can certainly buy the ideal sofa bed for your home that not only serves utility but is also fashion forward.
Author Bio –
Akshay works as an Interior Designer with Lalco Interiors and he is in love with his job. Thinking up interesting home decor ideas and helping clients implement them is what makes him tick. You can catch up with Akshay and his team and indulge in one of their beautiful home decor pieces for your home at Lalco Interior - Furniture Stores In Pune
Created on May 20th 2019 01:29. Viewed 198 times.