The Significance of Stepper Motorsby Sanjeev Yadav A stepper motor is basically a brushless DC electric motor, which moves in a circular direction. The motor rotates in a number of equal steps. It moves irrespective of any position sensor. Each motor is designed in accordance with the application, keeping in view the torque and speed. It moves on the application of DC voltage to the terminals.
SOME OF THE BARE FACTS ABOUT A STEPPER MOTOR
• It has multiple toothed electromagnets, which are fixed in the centre of a gear-shaped iron.
• It runs on an electric driver circuit or a microcontroller.
• In order to move the motor shaft, the power is first applied to the electromagnet, which in turn attracts the gear edges.
• The rated speed is 3000 RPM, which is applicable to the E series motors.
There are several benefits of the motor, like-
• It requires very less maintenance and there are fewer chances of stall or slip.
• It can run in an open loop control system.
• The stepper motor is highly reliable and durable to use in the long run.
• It is capable to run on a different range of rotational speeds, where the speed is proportional to the rate of the input pulses.
• It is quite commonly used in the robotics on a large scale.
There are basically three types of stepper motors, which are easily available in the market:
• Hybrid Stepper Motor
• Geared Stepper Motor
• Closed Loop Stepper Motor
• In the laser and optical industry, the product is used for holding and positioning applications.
• In the packaging industry, it is used for the fluid control system.
• It is also used for the flatbed scanners, image scanners, camera lenses, 3D printers, CNC machines, image scanners, floppy disk drives, and so on.
The producers of stepper motor should adopt the following business practices in order to gain a competitive edge in the market-
· They should make use of the top-notch grade components and technologically advanced machines for the production of these motors.
· They should be backed by a team of dexterous professionals, which is highly proficient in engineering a matchless product quality
· These manufacturers should thoroughly adhere to the standards and norms laid down by the industry.
· They should have enough capacity to suffice the bulk and urgent requirements of their clients on a timely basis.
· They should offer these machines at a cost-effective rate, to penetrate a large client base.
Thus, we can conclude that the stepper motors are highly embraced by the market for the virtue of high efficiency and reliability.
Created on Jan 17th 2018 00:51. Viewed 240 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.