The Places and Criteria for Choosing a Finance Dissertation Topic.by Alvin Hopkins Dissertation Providers
Students who are doing a master’s degree in finance need to write a dissertation in the final year. Choosing a finance dissertation topic is the most challenging task of the dissertation process.
For a PhD student, choosing a finance dissertation topic is tougher. Students need to deeply research and find out something that has not yet been researched. Some are seen to wait for ‘moments of inspiration’ to get a great idea.
However, there are many places where students can look for finance dissertation ideas. Before choosing a topic, it is essential that they ask a few questions, which are:
· Is the topic worthy enough to write a dissertation on it?
· Has someone researched on the subject matter?
· Are there any gaps left in any of the previous studies that my study can fulfill?
· What are the areas of study that are manageable and will make a good dissertation topic?
Whatever the topic is, students must make sure that they can conduct adequate research on the topic. Doing this will help the students to contribute new knowledge to the area of their study.
Where can the students look for information?
Students can search for dissertation topics in the following places.
Professional interests: Students
must consider their area of professional interests first. They should also
consider their career goals and find an interesting topic from that subject
· Discussion with scholars: A good way to find a dissertation topic is to discuss with scholars and researchers. Students can approach these people and have a discussion first. In fact, these people will suggest the best topics that need research.
· Other dissertations: Students can go through the dissertations that are written by scholars. They will find a section where the scholars have given recommendations for further studies. Students can consider those recommendations for dissertation writing.
· Current developments: Students can also consider the current developments that are being made in their area of interests. They can come up with new theories and prove them through research, experiments, analysis, etc.
Apart from the above-mentioned places and people, students can also consult their professors or their librarians for suggestions.
Students can also go through journals and discussion papers on their area of interest. They can also attend seminars and conferences to get new ideas on which they can conduct their research.
What are the criteria to choose a topic?
Randomly selecting a topic is of no use unless it has the potential to produce a well-written dissertation. Thus, when students are choosing a topic for their dissertation on finance, they should see that the topic meets the following criteria
· The topic must be interesting enough to hold the interest of the reader until the end
· The topic must be narrow, so that students can manage to finish it within the given time period.
· The topic must fit within the budget i.e. it must be feasible and within limits.
· The topic must be accepted by the dissertation committee
Apart from all these criteria, students must also make sure that the topic will contribute original and new knowledge to the subject.
Some sub-disciplines of finance which the students can choose for their dissertation are:
· Capital investment
· Corporate strategy
· Finance management
· Financial crisis
· Foreign direct investment
Therefore, to conclude, students can look for dissertation topics in the above-mentioned places. They must also see that the topics meet the above mentioned criteria too.
Created on Oct 8th 2018 04:31. Viewed 210 times.