The Do's and Don'ts of How to Start a Persuasive Essayby Adam Jackson Writer
An essay is a piece of writing which unfolds ideas of different writers on various topics. There are various kinds of essay, like argumentative, expository, descriptive, etc. Many universities, colleges, and high schools ask students to write an essay on different topics.
The only reason is to enable them, to present their own opinions, arguments, etc. and enhance their skills and knowledge of the topic. But, do students enjoy writing it? No. As per them they face many issues in preparing it and thus take assistance from online essay writing help providers.
Can you seek essay writing help to win a competition? No! Right. Want your essay to stand-out and win the competition? Well, then here are a few tips to help you give an engaging start if you are writing a persuasive essay.
Do’s for Starting a Persuasive Essay
- Start with an attention-grabbing statement or quote. For example, if you are writing on happiness you may begin like “Can all the luxury of the world make you really happy?”
- You can introduce your topic by stating its history and origin or the series of incidents that lead to a particular situation.
- Introduce your facts, arguments, statements which you will present in the essay further.
- Use different ways of persuasion to influence the readers.
- State a strong and clear thesis statement for your essay. For example:- “Money can only buy your needs and luxuries but not mental peace.”
Don’ts for Starting a Pervasive Essay
- Do not give a casual start to your essay. It will not grab the attention of your readers.
- Do not take too many ideas to write an essay. You may mix up all of them and fail to impress your reader to accept it.
- Do not introduce your evidence or supportive statements for the arguments or issues raised at the beginning of the essay itself.
- Do not use general thesis statements that can arise many different questions in the readers mind. For example: “Regularly eating fast food should be avoided. It is bad.”
After reading the above do’s and don’ts, you will definitely know how to start a persuasive essay. But, what if you want to write any other type of essay? Well, here are a few general tips to write an impressive essay.
5 General Tips to Write any Essay
- Plan and set an objective of your essay writing.
- Create an outline to avoid connectivity errors.
- Write an attractive and intriguing statements to keep the readers interested.
- Write a precise but informative introduction.
- Don’t write unnecessary stuff to increase the length of your essay.
By now, it is sure that you must have got an idea of how to start a persuasive essay. Further, you can also follow the above-given tips to write an outstanding essay on your own.
This article presents do’s and don’ts that a student should keep in mind while writing a persuasive essay.
Adam Jackson has been associated with Assignment Prime for a long period now. He helps out the students based in Australia with subject-oriented assignment help and takes a keen interest in writing for his academic blog as well. Over the time, he has received accolades and appraisals for his teaching techniques.
Created on Apr 25th 2019 06:06. Viewed 388 times.