The 6 Must- Have Scenes in Your Historical Romance Novelby Debra Jones Book promotion services
Readers of historical romance novels are always prepared for some basic scenes in the novels. Such scenes or moments are necessary and only add to the genre of historical romances. Although they may be of different kinds, leading up through different situations, such moments fall under the same umbrella that is known only to those readers. So if you are planning to write a novel, you need to know about these scenes too.
Here, we shall be talking about such 6 must-have scenes that must be there in historical romance novels. Incorporating each of these scenes or moments will only add to your novel, taking it closer to your readers and engaging them further.
Here are 6 must-have scenes in a historical romance novel:
- The First Meet: Ideally speaking, the
first encounter usually takes place with the first 3-5 pages or within the 1st
chapter. You can shift it to the 2nd chapter, but then you have to
have an interesting beginning. The spark or the “zing” as the lock eyes for the
- The First Contact: It does not have to be a kiss necessarily. It can be a touch too e.g. unexpected touch of the fingers, etc. However, if you are planning to incorporate a kiss, make sure that you add some tension in the air. The readers want to know what is going on in the minds of the characters at that moment. Keep your readers imagining. Dedicate chapters to show the building of the relationship.
- Declaration of love: If you have read romance books online free, you will see that declaration can be of so many kinds. It is upto you to how to showcase it. Based on the time in which the novel is set, you have to consider the society, the culture, and habits of the time and then write it down. The declaration can have a strong effect on the minds of the readers.
- The Distancing: There is always some
kind of trouble that lurks around and leads to the separation of the main
characters or couple. The trust issues are targeted. Lies, words unshared,
external conflicts, the ways are many. All you have to do is find the most
- Risking it All: This is what makes for the climax. The hero risking it all for the heroine. Or better still, write a novel where the lady risks it all for the love of her life. All the best historical romance novels at some point show this. However, you have to be thorough with your distancing as it is what will lead you to have your hero or heroine risk it all. Every point here is interconnected.
- The Reuniting: Finally, and this is where it all comes to an end, is the reuniting of the main characters. To make for a better uniting, you need to make the whole novel worth it and build up to it. Add twists and turns, multiple plots, and other aspects to make it as inconveniencing as possible. Only when then will there be a strong catharsis in the minds of the readers.
Keeping these 6 scenes in mind will help you pen down your historical romance novel better and true-to-form.
There are many daily email services that, besides offering blogs about the different aspects of romance novels, also provide attractive Amazon free kindle books deals. Just look up the net and get reading.
Created on Sep 30th 2020 04:16. Viewed 164 times.