Success Rate of IVF Treatmentby Neha Nitu Ela Woman Neha
IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation) is a process of fertilization where an egg is integrated with the sperm outside the body, in Vitro. This process includes monitoring and stimulating a woman’s ovulatory process. Under this process the ovum is removed or the ova from a woman's ovaries is removed. IVF treatment let the sperm fertilize the removed ovum in a laboratory.
While the younger women have the higher chance of In vitro Fertilisation success. The factors that reduces the chances of IVF success includes the age and the lower quality of an older woman’s eggs. In fact, the live birth for a woman under 35 who start an IVF cycle is 40%.
What is IVF? Why is it Used?
IVF is an reproductive technology which is commonly referred to as In vitro Fertilization. This process is of fertilization by extracting eggs, retrieving a sperm sample and then combining an egg and sperm manually in a laboratory dish. The embryo is then transferred to the Uterus. The process includes Gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) and Zygote Intrafallopian Transfer (ZIFT).
IVF Treatment is used to treat infertility in the patients. The process is used for the following patient:
- Damaged or blocked Fallopian tubes
- Male infertility (decreased sperm count or sperm mobility)
- Women with premature ovarian failure
- People with genetic disorder
- Unexplained infertility
What are IVF success rate? How is it Calculated?
IVF success rates are essentially the pregnancy rates after completion of IVF process.
Live Birth Rate
There are many ways to calculate IVF Success rate, but all the In vitro fertilisation (IVF) success rates are calculated by dividing the number of live births by the number of performed procedures. The two major types of IVF (In vitro fertilisation) Success rates are:
l Clinical Pregnancy Rate - Number of Clinical Pregnancies/Number of Procedures performed
l Live Birth Rate - Number of Live Births/Number of Procedures Performed
IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation) Success Factors:
Considering in In Vitro Fertilisation? Then its necessary to learn about the the success factors of IVF treatment that can help you in getting pregnancy.
1. Age - Patients age and using their own eggs are important IVF success factors to consider. While the younger women have higher chances of success of their IVF treatment. The factors that decrease the chance of IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation) success include being an older woman with fewer eggs and the lower quality of an older woman’s egg.
The live birth success of IVF treatment for woman aged fewer than 35 who have started their IVF Cycle is 40%. However a women over age 42 have a success rate of 4%.
2. Previous Pregnancies - More In Vitro Fertilisation success factors to think include the previous pregnancy and was it with the same partner or not. And if you were pregnant in past with the same partner then the currently undergoing IVF treatment there is a greater probability of IVF success. The factors such as a history of recurrent miscarriage or vary partner may reduce the chances of IVF success.
3. Various Fertility Problems - While infertility problems in some males do impact IVF treatment success. The factors like uterine abnormalities, exposure to DES or fibroid tumors also reduce the likelihood of success with In Vitro Fertilisation.
The important factor to know is that IVF success rate is dependent on ovulation. The dysfunction of Ovarian like high FSH levels which indicate a low ovarian reserve may decrease the chance of IVF success. When both the partners are infertile with lower chances for IVF success, the factors such as the length of time you have been infertile is necessary to consider. As the chance of IVF treatment success decreases with the amount of time a couple has been infertile.
4. Use of Donor Eggs - Donors egg are a significant consideration, especially if you are above 35-40, as there may be a higher rate of In Vitro Fertilisation success. Some factors such as egg quality and age of donor are essential.
While looking for the right IVF Centre in India, every patient must look at the success rate of each IVF centers.
Created on Oct 1st 2018 05:48. Viewed 408 times.