Straight Razors and Barber Scissors: The inseparable paraphernalia for the “hair”by Kamisori Shears kamisorishears
It has been suggested that the 1st pair of scissors have appeared around 4000 years ago Mesopotamia. These were known as spring scissors; where in two bronze blades were connected with flexible handle as opposed to the pivoted scissors that we are used to at present. Around 100 AD the Romans invented the pivoted scissors, which are the predecessors of the modern day scissors. The straight razor came into being after centuries of distillation of the design which have been developing since roman civilisation. There’s another variety of straight razors known as kamisori straight razor. These straight razors do not fold like the western folding straight razors. The Kamisori razor dates back about 800 years. This style of razor was initially introduced to the Japanese by Korean monks, it was the Japanese however that refined it, improved it & made it extremely popular in Asia & now somewhat worldwide.
For generations the veteran craftsmen have engaged themselves in producing the unrivalled scissors and razors. For them making blades is just not engaging themselves in a livelihood but is an art, which requires discipline, perseverance and a life-time commitment. Nowadays barber scissors come for both left handed and right-handed users. Barber scissors are unique and specifically meant for the job which no other scissors like office scissors and/or kitchen scissors can do.
To ensure the longevity of your barber scissors and straight razors and to maintain them in a near pristine condition, the following are being advised:
· Abstain from using barber scissors and straight razors for applications other than cutting hair.
· Both scissors and straight razors should always be sheathed to prevent it from being damaged from falls.
· It is strongly advised that the scissors be held by the handle so as to keep the blades from being damaged by perspiration.
· It is strongly recommended that straight razors should be honed and stropped before first use repeated afterwards.
· The hair should always be washed first or the area of the facial hair should always be softened before coiffeur or coiffeuse commences a task.
· The scissors and straight razors should always be cleaned with a brush.
· The scissors should always be placed on a support for perfect alignment.
· To ensure that the scissors performance efficiently, a few drops of oil should be applied after ever 2-3 days of use.
Before all foregoing it is important that one
utilizes the accessories provided by the manufacturers for better performance.
Created on Jul 16th 2018 06:57. Viewed 269 times.