Steps to Fix Webroot Authentication and Error Code 1308by Jeniffer Leio Excutive
The Webroot security software is one of the most popular antivirus programs in the present time. The Webroot antivirus works wonders and is efficient in removing all sorts of malware viruses, worms, Trojans, etc from the computer. It provides complete real-time protection against all the possible threats and infections. Even though the Webroot antivirus works efficiently, sometimes the user may face technical issues and errors with the Webroot software which may lead to malfunctioning of the program suite. In order to troubleshoot some advanced technical glitches, you may need to contact the Webroot customer support. However, you can resolve simpler and regular issues by yourself if you follow the tutorial step by step.
WHAT IS WEBROOT ERROR 1308?
While installing Webroot software, you might get Error code 1308. When you attempt to install Webroot Antivirus software it will give an Error 1308 and the prompt will display “Source file not found.” But when you check the folder, you will see that the source file is present. You will get three options. These buttons will be for Aborting, Retrying, or ignoring the software installation.
CAUSES FOR ERROR 1308:-
While trying to install the Webroot product, you may receive a 1308 error which will indicate that the installer is not able to locate the file. This error either displays on the computer screen or it is located in the installation log file. Error 1308 indicates that the specific file could not be found on the installation media or in its deployment location. Here are some possible causes for Error 1308:
- Corrupt download of Webroot antivirus software.
- Incomplete installation of Webroot antivirus software.
- A recent Webroot antivirus related change i.e. installation or un-installation may cause corruption in the windows registry.
- Virus or malware infection may have corrupted the Windows system files.
- Webroot antivirus software related files may have been corrupted by a virus infection.
- Another malicious program removed the Webroot software related files.
HOW TO FIX WEBROOT AUTHENTICATION AND 1308 ERROR?
It is not only frustrating to get Error while trying to install a security software but it is necessary to resolve this error as soon as possible because the computer should not be without a security solution for a long time. If you are getting Error 1308 while trying to install Webroot, follow these steps to fix it:
- Create a back up of the software
- Delete the folder named c:/autodesk.
- Use the browser method and download the Webroot software again.
- Turn off the Webroot virus scan and extract the antivirus software again.
- Exit from the installation
- webroot support
- Right-click on the c:/autodesk folder.
- Click on properties
- In the permissions for users option-click allow on full control.
- Check whether the Webroot antivirus software is off. If it is on then turn it off.
- Go to the extraction folder.
- Right click on setup.exe
- From the drop-down menu click on run as administrator.
The downloaded software application of Webroot might be incomplete or corrupt. You should try to disable the virus protection and then download the software again. If you have installed the software from a CD then do the following:
- Make a new folder on the local hard drive in your computer.
- Copy the contents of the Webroot software installation CD and move them to the local hard drive.
If you still cannot fix the Webroot Error 1308 or you are having trouble with the authentication of Webroot, you should contact the Webroot Support. The Webroot Antivirus Customer Support team gives instant solution to all the problems related to Webroot products. The Webroot antivirus Customer Care can be reached 24/7 on the Webroot support toll-free number.
Source: Webroot Customer Service
Created on Apr 30th 2018 05:00. Viewed 144 times.