Solitaire Diamond Rings And Their Worth-Knowing Featuresby Andrews J. Jewelers
Whether you choose one from the Sylvie collection or buy it from an online store, when choosing an engagement ring, diamond solitaires could always be your foremost choice.
But are you acquainted with all the essential features of these gorgeous, life-changing rings? Here we have brought for you some of the major ones:
What Are Diamond Solitaires?
Basically, solitaire means a single one and in terms of an engagement ring, it means the ring without any side stone, gem decoration or accent stones.
And without any embellishment, they might sound dull or plain, but the elegance of a single stone on the top is enough to lure people.
Size Of The Diamond:
In case it has only a single stone on the top, you might consider the size of the stone a significant factor and it should generally be bigger than the average.
However, the size of the stone is generally the choice of the purchaser and there are several other characteristics other than the size that affects the kind of ring you choose.
Shape Of The Diamond:
For solitaire engagement rings, the most preferred shape of the stone is round. However, nowadays there are several other diamond shapes available such as:
- Oval, marquise, pear and emerald-shaped diamonds, which enhance the appearance of the stone, making it appear larger than its original size.
- Trillium or heart-shaped diamond which have eye-catching details. It’s the kind of uniqueness that even overshadows the size of the diamond
Choice Of The Metals:
Besides the stone, the choice of the ring metal too holds much of importance. For metals, you have options such as:
- High-grade gold, as good as 18K, which has a rich yellow tinge and appears a true compliment to your stone
- White metals, such as white gold, platinum or silver too are much sophisticated options. Most importantly, you can choose them according to your budget.
- Rose gold is yet another form of precious metal that offers a beautiful façade.
- As per the recent trends, you can get your rings in dual or
multiple metals, all according to your budget.
Quality Of The Stone:
Solitaires are just the lone shining elements on the metal base and due to this, the quality of the stone holds a great importance, whether you get snowflake engagement rings or any others.
So while you choose the solitaire engagement rings, you need to keep track of the four Cs of diamond quality which are:
Besides, you also need to have information on the potential flaws so that you could avoid them to get the best possible stones.
And since the solitaires are relatively simple in setting, the costs of such rings would generally be lower. However, having all the information in your mind while purchasing the engagement ring is essential, so that you never face any future troubles with the same.
Created on Jul 11th 2018 01:45. Viewed 330 times.