Renting out in Brantford is very profitable, but what if you don’t want to deal with tenants!by Mark Craig Brantford Property Management In the urban landscape of rising real estate prices, Brantford city has become a booming hub for families and professionals looking for affordable homes to put down their roots. Its proximity to larger cities and smaller communities make it the ideal midpoint for people who want to stretch their budgets to get a better quality of life.
The rising demand for good rentals ensures that vacancy rates stay low and the rents stay fairly high – making it a great place to invest your money in a residential property for rent.
So far so good! But dealing with tenants in Brantford is as demanding as anywhere else in Canada. The Ontario Residential Tenancies Act is a fairly comprehensive law, and it sets out the responsibilities and liabilities of the landlords quite clearly. But for generating a good income from your property in Brantford you need to do far more than just follow the law - managing tasks such as finding tenants, dealing with paperwork and maintaining the property can become quite a time-consuming affair.
The best way forward – especially if you have multiple properties or are based out of town – is to engage the services of a property management firm. For a management fee, you get the services of an entire team of experienced real estate managers and believe us it is worth every cent!
Here is a quick look at the services they offer –
- They can help you find tenants and screen them. By dealing with hundreds of people in the real estate market every year, property management companies can spot a troublemaker a mile away! With experienced teams, they make short work of doing background checks and credit checks, and you can be sure of letting your house to a good tenant.
- They take care of all the paperwork that comes with dealing with tenants. They are completely up to speed on all the legalities in the Brantford area and can quickly deal with any paperwork that comes up with regards to the property or the tenant.
- Property management companies also manage the day-to-day maintenance of the building and take care of any repairs that might be required from time to time.
- They become your representative to the tenant and many companies even provide a 24-hour contact number to tenants in case of emergencies.
- They also handle all renovations and repairs before the property is put up for rent. This is especially useful if you are renting out a building that needs some work and repairs.
- Property management companies really come in handy in case a dispute arises with the tenant. They are well aware of the various requirements of the law and the workings of the tribunal and know exactly what needs to be done.
Dealing with Tenants in Brantford is no longer something that should put you off from entering the city’s lucrative rental market. With the right partner, you will be able to get rid off all the work and hassle and still make a tidy profit!
Created on May 3rd 2019 08:12. Viewed 723 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.