Reliable Fire Safety Check for Offices to Ensure Higher Level of Security Against Fire Hazardby Heather Hall Heather Hall has led the Coordinating team at LFRA
Covid Restrictions are coming to an end and Londoners are encouraged to go back to the Office! But, has your Office had its Fire Safety check and have your Fire Marshal’s had their refresher training?
It is clear that as restrictions are lifted London Businesses have mixed feelings, some want their Staff back in the Office 5 days a week, some are trialling the 4-day week, and some are offering flexi working – a few days at home and a few days in the Office. Whatever the outcome it is important that the Office has had its Fire Safety check and that there are enough trained Fire Marshals on site.
First step for the Responsible Person is to check that their Fire Safety Risk Assessment and Fire Emergency Plan is up to date. The Fire Safety Management Plan – Significant Findings is part of the Fire Risk Assessment and will give you a clear picture of what Fire Safety Actions are outstanding.
Second step is to ensure that you have enough Fire Marshal’s for your Office – operating flexi working will require ensuring you don’t have all your Fire Marshal’s at home at the same time! It might be wise to offer your Fire Marshal’s a refresher training course as two years out of the Office can make you less effective.
If you find that your Fire Safety Risk Assessment for your London Office is out of date, then contact London Fire Risk Assessments they have a range of Fire Risk Assessment packages that can fit your needs. They also offer onsite Fire Marshal Training that follows the principles of the Fire Brigades Fire Safety Training. Each session can accommodate 10 delegates and can cost as little as £50 per person.
Here is an example of the Fire Risk Assessment packages
The ‘Standard’ Risk Assessment includes
- The Fire Safety Inspection/Audit carried out by a qualified Fire Risk Assessor
- Fire Risk Assessment Report a detailed report identifying and evaluating the Fire Safety provisions within the Office
- The Fire Safety Management Action Plan – Significant Findings – this is your job list! All the deficiencies that have been identified will be listed, what you have to do to put it right and who is responsible to complete the action and by when.
- Fire Safety Policy – will confirm the identity of the and their aim and commitment to ensure that all risks are identified, appropriate precautions identified and implemented to reduce the level of Fire risk to an acceptable level.
- Fire Safety Emergency Plan - will be drafted to be specific to the Office and the use it is put to, it will detail the pre-planned procedures to be followed, which could be or , or as appropriate. As well as identifying the Evacuation procedures, the Emergency Plan will also identify and allocate specific responsibilities in the event of a Fire.
The ’Plus’ Package includes
- The ‘Standard’ Fire Risk Assessment
- An Asbestos Type 1 Visual Survey inspection
- An Asbestos Type 1 Visual Survey Report
This package is a favourite for Flats owners who are selling their Flat and need both services.
The ‘Dual’ Package includes
- The ‘Standard’ Fire Risk Assessment
And a stand-alone Health & Safety Risk Assessment including
- Health & Safety Risk Assessment
- Health & Safety Policy
- Health & Safety Managing People & Systems
- Health & safety Managing Hazards
A cost and effective and time efficient solution 2 reports 1 price!
London Fire Risk Assessments also offer an ‘Express’ Delivery Service ensuring that you receive your Fire Risk Assessment package within 5 working days!
London Fire Risk Assessments are completely independent of any supplies of Fire Protection Systems or Fire Safety Services companies therefore their advice is unbiased. They have been established for over 14 years and all their Fire Safety Risk Assessors have qualified with the Institution of Fire Engineers the Fire Protection Association and CS Todd Associates. They are also members of the Institute of Fire Safety Managers and the British Standards Association. They are fully insured, and all their Assessors are retired London Fire Brigade Fire Safety Officers. If you wish to contact London Fire Risk Assessments about any of the Fire Risk Assessment packages or the Fire Marshal Training ring 0781 8888626 or click here
Created on Feb 28th 2022 04:06. Viewed 141 times.