QuickBooks Error 557 - Updated Troubleshoot Methodsby Joey Williams QBS Enterprise Support
QuickBooks Error 557 is a common error that occurs during the installation or QuickBooks update process. This error is typically caused by insufficient hard disk space on the computer or due to damaged installation files. In this article, we will address the main causes of QuickBooks error 557 and provide our readers effective solutions to resolve it without any technical proficiency.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 557
Some of the common noteworthy causes that play a major role in inciting this update error in QuickBooks are:
· Incorrect installation of previous QuickBooks updates.
· Unexpected system shutdown during the previous installation of QuickBooks.
· Malware or virus attacks damaging important QuickBooks files.
· Incorrect QuickBooks settings.
· Entitlement file may be damaged.
· QuickBooks subscription may be expired.
Simple Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 557
Abide by the solutions listed out in this section to fix this update error once and for all.
Solution 1: Remove the Entitlement file
Follow these steps to remove the Entitlement file and reactivate QuickBooks:
· Press the Windows + E keys together to open the Windows File Explorer.
· Navigate to the "C:/ProgramData/Intuit/Entitlement Clientv8" folder.
· Right-click on the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and opt for the "Delete" option.
· Launch QuickBooks and provide the required product registration information, including the license and product keys.
· Install the QuickBooks Desktop updates and reinstall any payroll updates.
Solution 2: Verify QuickBooks Subscription Status
Check and reactivate the QuickBooks subscription using the following steps:
· Log in to your QuickBooks account on the QuickBooks Customer Account Management Portal (CAMP).
· Go to the page to manage QuickBooks.
· In the "Products and Services" section, choose "Payroll Subscription."
· Check the current status of the payroll subscription.
· If the payroll service is canceled, click on "Re-subscribe" and review the information on the next screen.
· Verify the accuracy of all billing and subscription information in the Reactivate Subscription form.
· Click "Save and Continue".
· Then, click on "Reactivate" to renew the subscription.
· Check if the QuickBooks Error 557 is resolved.
Solution 3: Perform System Restore
Try using System Restore feature to revert your system and QuickBooks to a previous state that was devoid of QuickBooks Error 557.
· Log in to your computer with the correct Administrator username and password.
· Go to System Tools in the Accessories menu and select "System Restore."
· Choose a recent restore point.
· Click "Next" and wait for the process to complete.
· Restart Windows and run QuickBooks again.
Solution 4: Scan the computer for viruses
Perform a full system scan to detect and remove any viruses that may be causing QuickBooks Error 557.
This article has provided efficient methods to resolve QuickBooks Error 557. For technical assistance, please contact our dedicated QuickBooks professionals at the helpline 1-800-615-2347.
Created on Jun 3rd 2023 04:11. Viewed 127 times.