Proven method to fix Brother Printer In Error Stateby Broris H. Technical Web Content Writer
Brother printers are well known for their high-class features and affordable cost. With the advanced features, the brother printer users are facing some technical glitches.Brother Printer is in Error State is one of the common problems faced by both printer users.Paper jam, low ink, slow internet connectivity, outdated printer driver software, and corrupted printer registry are the reasons behind printer in error state problem. If you are facing the same issue then, stay tuned with this article. In this article, we explore the basic troubleshooting steps to fix Brother Printer in an error state.
- Reset Printer Settings to Default:
Users can reset the printer settings by following the steps given here.
- Launch Run dialog box by pressing Windows+ R keys from the keyboard.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the text box and press the Ok button.
- In the Device Manager Window, go to the view tab from the Menu bar.
- Select the 'show hidden devices' option from the drop-down menu.
- Expand and Right-click on Ports (COM & LPT) section.
- Click on the Properties button.
- In the properties window, go to the port settings tab.
- Look for Use any interrupt assigned to the port option and select the check
box near to Enable legacy Plug and Play detection.
- Click on the apply and OK buttons respectively to save the settings.
- Restart computer system and check for Brother
Printer In Error State problem.
- Check if Brother Printer is Online or not:
- Click on start and open Control Panel.
- Go to the Devices and Printer.
- Select your brother printer from the list of devices.
- Check the printer status on the screen.
- If it is offline then, right-click on brother printer icon and click on use printer online option from the context menu.
- Restart Printer Spooler service:
- Open Windows Run dialog box by pressing Windows +R keys.
- Type services.msc in the text box and press enter button.
- Look for the Print Spooler Service in the services window.
- Click on the Print Spooler Service and tap on the Start button.
- Right-click on Print Spooler Service and go with the properties option from the context menu.
- Go to the general tap in the properties window and set the startup type as automatic.
- Click on apply button to save the settings.
- Check for Windows and Printer drivers Update:
- Click on the Start and open Control Panel.
- Go to Hardware and Sound-> Device Manager.
- Expand the Printers category in the Device Manager.
- Right click on brother printer drivers and select Update Driver option.
- It will ask users to search for a drivers automatically or manually.
- Select automatically search for printer drivers.
- Users need to have an active internet connection to download drivers.
- Restart the systems after installing the drivers.
- Go to Start and launch the Settings application.
- Select Update and Security option.
- Click on the Windows update and Press the button of named Check for Updates.
- If any updates available then, click on the Install now button.
- Restart the computer and check for Brother Printer is in Error State issue.
Created on Aug 26th 2021 02:29. Viewed 677 times.