PREPARING THE POOL FOR THE PROCESS OF PAINTINGby Pool Restoration Pool Maintenance
When you search for "pool painters near me", you should keep in mind that the professionals coming to you hold expertise in a number of tasks. Yes, the fact is that these professionals can help you in a number of things right from painting to revamping and so on.
Here in this post, we will have a look at some important services offered by them and how they prepare for these services.
Times When You May Want To Revamp Your Pool:
- The task of revamping would be necessary because before painting, the pool has to be prepared and this service would also be necessary in case, the pool’s colour has faded due to the lack of maintenance.
- Swimming pool painters near me say that the step of revamping would also become important when you experience that the water is getting behind the paint to form bubbles.
- In this regards, experts say that this situation often arises because of poor preparation of the surface.
- In case, you experience that the old paint has started flaking away, you will have to go for revamping services because, this might look natural, but long cracks can cause serious problem to the pool.
- In such situations, you will have to make sure that there is no movement in the ground or any water table problems before it can be painted.
- If you experience that the pool has become chalky, this is because of the degrading painted surface.
- To find out whether revamping is required or not, you can simply rub your fingers over a dry surface and they come away dusty, the paint is nearing the end of its lifespan and revamping and then, painting is required.
Upon searching for pool painters near me, ideally, you should choose the service provider who offers a handsome warranty, guarantee on the services.
Not to mention that you should thoroughly look at the preparation process because only a well-prepared pool would be able to withstand the blows given by the nature.
Preparing Your New Pool for Painting:
- Pool painters near me use the following steps as far as preparation of the pool for painting is concerned.
- The concrete has to be left for around a month for getting cured.
- Once this happens, they will clean the surface to remove any residual chemicals, dust and grease to make it suitable for painting.
- The next step involves ensuring that the surface doesn’t get too smooth as in that case, the paint will not adhere properly.
- But if this has happened, the experts will carry out the process of light blazing or grinding to improve the chances of adhesion.
Preparing Your Old Pool for Painting:
- Fully drain the pool and remove any debris.
- Remove all loose paint with a high pressure water blaster.
- Remove any loose concrete for this process; they will dig out any cracks to at least 5 mm.
- These experts will then, caulk cracks and holes with hydraulic cement.
Remember that throughout these processes, these professionals will use protective clothing and a suitable mask to stay protected from any kind of dangers.
Created on Sep 6th 2019 05:30. Viewed 341 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.