Possible career opportunities and categories of animationby Shantanu C. Mages Institute - Game Designing, Graphic Designin
Digital animation refers to the process of giving life to a concept or an object in computer graphics, adding motion, essence, and defining its characteristics. There are two categories of digital animations namely Computer-assisted animation or 2D animation and computer-generated animation or 3D animation. Professional Digital animators can work for television, film companies, advertising agencies, the video game industry or many other industries that utilize their skills. Let’s ponder a bit more in-depth on different categories of animations:
· 2D Animation: 2D animation is a process that focuses on creating characters, storyboards, and backgrounds in two-dimensional environments. Here, the animated images are created by the use of computers and software programs, such as Adobe Photoshop, Flash, After Effects, and Encore. The 2D animation programs include both artistic and technical classes in topics such as Character design, Life drawing techniques, Digital animation, Digital, video, Stop motion animation and Web animation. Advertisement industry, websites, film, and TV industry, etc., use this type of animation.
· 3D animation: 3D animation is the process of generating images in a three-dimensional space. It is comparatively an extensive field. To prepare self for a career in 3D animation, knowledge in facial movement, mechanical design, mechanical operation and knowledge of weight and physics are required. The 3D animators may work in film and video production studios, public relations offices, advertising agencies, for software publishers, graphic design firms, computer systems design firms, web design firms, and teach at colleges and universities.
Digital animation as a career option:
The required education for a career in digital animation includes a bachelor's degree from a reputed college or university. Some entry-level positions may be filled by candidates who have only earned a certificate. There are a number of institutes across the globe that provides training in digital animation.
Some of the leading institutes providing degree or diploma courses in digital animation are MAGES, MAAC, and Njoy Arts. Digital animation can be used in various fields:
· Gaming Industry: A gaming company hires a digital animator to create animated characters and scenarios and due to an increased usage of mobile phones and internet this industry is constantly evolving in terms of realism and special effects. Thus it is beneficial for an animator to work in this industry as it is creative and fun.
· Advertisements: Many advertising agencies require digital animators to give life to their concepts in order to attract the targeted audience. 3-D animations are commonly used in the advertising industry to show minute details of the products from various angles.
· Movies and Television Films: There is a huge demand for digital animators in the film and TV industry. VFX has taken up a great amount of space in the film industry, and hence the need for someone who can wear multiple hats is a necessity. Aspirants who are looking forward to making feature films can find work in a production house creating animated sequences for television and movie scripts. This technique is highly used in full-length children's movies as well as adult movies which involve the scenes of battles or space. The jobs in this industry are lucrative and prestigious.
· Educational Videos: Like every other industry, even education has found the need for animation based videos. Animation Digital animators are hired by the educational institutes or organizations to create animated videos for educational purposes. These are highly used in Smart classes to make the learning process easy for the students.
The animation is becoming a part of the vogue today, not only advertisers but also educationists are advocating of its uses and benefits. There are many institutes that have garnered this opportunity and are enabling aspiring individuals to build their career around it. One such institute is MAGES Institute of Excellence, based out of Singapore, which not only facilitates the initial journey of a candidate but also empowers them for the future.
Created on Sep 6th 2019 06:45. Viewed 242 times.