Popular Types of Residential Lifts and Their Modus Operandiby Residential Lifts Marketing
The history of elevators is not that old and in a very short span of time, this installation has actually achieved unprecedented fame and popularity. It is all because of the fact that very early in their life, they made people realise their importance and people came to know that life without them would have been limited to only 3 or 4 floors. In modern times, you can find lifts and elevators in perhaps all the commercial as well as residential buildings and they are used several times in a day. There are different kinds of commercial as well as residential lifts and the variety present in the markets would amaze anyone. In this post, we will be going through the main types of elevators and the most popular of them all is the traction lift.
• Traction lifts or elevators are basically pulled up and pushed down using steel cables or wires that pass over a wheel and this wheel is connected to an electric motor.
• This motor is located in the machine room that is often above the elevator shaft and this type of application is mostly found in mid and high rise settings as they can be really fast.
• They are also used as lift for houses and can be used to attain higher travelling speed from up and down and vice versa.
• This version is actually faster than several other versions present in the markets.
• In most cases, you will find that counter weight is also used to tackle the high speed of this kind of residential lifts and this version can actually be geared or gearless, depending on their application.
• The next very popular version of lifts found these days is known as machine-room-less elevators or MRL elevators and they are often used in mid rise buildings with the maximum height of 250 feet.
• An important fact to know about this version is that the basic functioning of this version is almost like traction lifts that we use, but there is only one difference that this version does not have a dedicated machine room.
• In fact, the necessary machine required to operate this machine actually sits on the top of the shaft in an override space and can be accessed easily through the top of elevator cabin or car.
• However, with this version, a separate operations room would be required and this is mostly recommended on the top floor and is located within 250 feet of the elevator.
• The biggest feature of this version of residential lifts is that it does not require that much of space, but still the performance is something that could surprise anyone.
• One more very popular version that has been in use as lift for houses is the hydraulic version and this version is actually supported from the bottom by a piston.
• The main task of this piston is to push the elevator upward as soon as the electric motor pumps the hydraulic fluid into the piston.
• As soon as this happens, the residential lifts begin to ascend upwards and when the fluid is released, the lift starts descending downwards.
• These types of elevators are more commonplace in low rise buildings as they have a slower speed and can only reach about 80 feet.
Created on Dec 20th 2018 07:27. Viewed 323 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.