Peptide Therapeutics Market Size, Share, Growth, Trend Analysis and Industry Research Reportby Susan Hill Business Consultant
The global peptide therapeutics market is expected to reach USD 48.04 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for efficient & rapid-acting therapeutics for treatment of cancer and other lifestyle-associated disorders, which result in lesser adverse effects, are anticipated to propel market growth.
Rising incidence of cancer calls for exploring and introducing other means of therapies and low-cost treatment alternatives. Moreover, growing base of geriatric population is expected to widen the consumer base by triggering incidence rate of target diseases such as cancer & diabetes, which are expected to drive the demand for peptide therapeutics.
Technological advancements in peptide manufacturing process is one of the major factors driving the market growth during the forecast period. Manufacturers and suppliers are focusing on the adoption of novel technologies to manufacture efficient drug molecules with low time and capital investment. Improvement in purification & automation process and less generation of waste is an additional factor attributing toward market growth
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- Cancer held the largest market share in 2016 owing to increasing demand for alternative therapeutics over conventional treatment options. Peptides are being used as potential therapeutic agents in cancer treatment.
- The generic drug segment is expected to showcase upward shift due to patent expiration of blockbuster peptides and supportive government initiatives pertaining to the introduction of generic class
- Outsourced manufacturing is expected to grow at CAGR of 6.7% owing to requirements of complex procedures and shift in preference toward outsourcing, which helps in eliminating cost of production.
- Route of administration including nasal and intradermal routes is expected to grow at a rapid pace owing to ease of usage and advantages over other routes of administration such as oral.
- Hybrid technology is expected to spearhead the growth of this market. Benefits associated with this technology such as time conservation and ease of usage for both solid- and liquid-phase peptide synthesis are the key factors affirming growth.
- North America held the largest share in terms of revenue in 2016 owing to higher level of awareness pertaining to genomics & proteomics products, well-established R&D infrastructure, and rising funding initiatives
- Asia Pacific industry is expected to showcase lucrative growth over the forecast period with CAGR of 11.0%. Presence of established generic industry and API providers in this region coupled with growing economic stability in some of the countries is expected to propel market growth.
- Some of the key
players in the peptide therapeutics market include Eli Lilly and Company;
Pfizer, Inc.; Amgen, Inc.; Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited; Teva
Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.; Lonza Inc.; Sanofi; Bristol-Myers Squibb
(BMS); AstraZeneca PLC; GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK); Novartis AG; and Novo
Access full research report on global peptide therapeutics market:
Created on Sep 6th 2019 06:53. Viewed 149 times.