Pathways for Obtaining a New Zealand Work Visaby Jobs Visas job visa consultant
Foreign workers can access a variety of job opportunities in the stable and steadily growing New Zealand (NZ) economy. People who possess specific specialist skills, or work in occupations that are highly in-demand in NZ – and have qualifications that are comparable to NZ standards – may qualify for certain New Zealand work visa pathways. Under most pathways, it is likely that the aspirant will require a job or job offer from a NZ employer.
Each visa has distinct eligibility requirements and application procedures. The visa options can be broadly divided into three categories:
Temporary Visa Pathways
The majority of work visas that allow access to jobs in New Zealand for Indians are temporary visas, which allow the visa holder to live and work in NZ on a temporary basis for a pre-determined time period. However, some of these temporary visas may eventually lead to permanent residence.
Most temporary visas do not have an age limit. They are intended for persons who work in professions that are facing labor shortages in NZ, and for those who possess a valid job offer from a NZ employer. Some temporary visa options include:
- Essential Skills work visas that are intended to fill short-term skill shortages in the NZ labor market.
- Work to Residence visas for qualified workers who possess a permanent/long-term job offer – either in an occupation that features on the Long Term Skill Shortage List, or from an employer accredited by Immigration New Zealand.
- Working Holiday visas for young people (persons between 18- 30 or 35 years of age) who are citizens of certain countries, allowing them to travel and work in NZ for up to 12 months (or 23 months, for citizens of UK or Canada).
Resident Visa Pathways
These visas allow a job seeker who is less than 56 years old to not only pursue jobs abroad in New Zealand, but also permanently live in the country, and access various social benefits. Some pathways for residence include:
- Skilled Migrant Category, which evaluates the eligibility of an applicant based on age, qualifications, work experience, and a valid job offer
- Residence from Work visa, available to those who have held a Work to Residence visa for at least 24 months.
There are a range of alternatives available to persons who are moving to NZ to perform specific jobs under particular circumstances. For instance – Domestic Staff of a Diplomat Work Visa, Partner of a Student Work Visa, Entertainers Work Visa, etc.
There are several New Zealand work visa options dedicated towards specific applicant profiles. It is the duty of a job seeker to identify – through independent research or with the support of a job consultancy – the most appropriate pathway that is suitable for their profile and purpose.
Created on Jul 31st 2019 01:57. Viewed 532 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.