Overview of Unified Communication with advantages and basicsby Atul Gupta Cloudtelephony
What is Unified Communication
Unified Communication is also known as UC, a kind of framework which was developed for integrating various asynchronous and real-time communication tools with the vision of improving business communication, collaboration, and productivity. It works on an interconnected system of enterprise communication devices and their applications instead of representing a singular technology.
Unified Communication framework has some business communication tools such as Internet Protocol (IP) telephony and video conferencing, which have been facilitating real-time communication, those kinds of tools also called synchronous communication and other enterprise communication tools, like email, etc. facilitate asynchronously communication.
Types of Unified Communication Technologies
- Some tools are based on a text like -- email, text messaging and chat, etc.
- Some tools are based on Voice like -- telephony, voicemail, and audio conferencing, etc.
- Some applications are based on Video services like -- desktop video conferencing, room-based video conferencing and telepresence, etc.
- Some are web-based conferencing, virtual meeting spaces and interactive whiteboards, etc.
- One is real-time based
- One is enterprise social networking and collaboration platforms, etc.
- One is single or multivendor UC platform or server, etc.
- Some are traditional, IP or cloud-based private branch exchange (PBX), etc.
- Its devices like phones, headsets, cameras, and microphones, etc.
- One technology is based on business communication gateways like session border controllers (SBCs)
- One is multi-point control unit (MCU), or video bridge, for video conferencing with three or more endpoints.
Advantages of Unified Communication
- UC serves its great deals in the form of real-time access to service like – Communication through Phone, messaging, data sharing and conferencing through a variety of devices and allows every executive, staff member, and customer to move seamlessly between them.
- Reducing expenses.
- Anyone can work from anywhere.
- Allows to Connect with partners and customers from the road, from home, or anywhere business takes you.
- It provides instant connectivity with flexibility when it comes to where, when, and how Business communications occur.
- Anyone will not be limited by the silo of being in the office longer.
- It provides superior reliability by creating performance redundancies, which protect against business’s downtime. If one tool moves down then quickly another is programmed to kick in.
- UC is one of the points where strategy, operations, and production coalesce.
- Through UC, all companies can respond faster to environmental and competitive changes and to flag valuable opportunities that may have gone unnoticed.
- Through UC, Implementation and organizational challenges are reduced because of instant access and quick problem-solving techniques.
- Unified Communication allows 24/7 Access and Improves Remote Capability.
- Most of the time Company’s staff members send confidential files through various messaging tools but if we see the security point of you then it should not be done by simple messaging tools. In this case, UC gives a more secure platform.
- It is a kind of Vendor solution, which is loved by the accounting department because of monthly bills, transparent line items, and flexibility to scale up and down to reduce wasted bandwidth, these all are benefits of UC.
Created on Jun 29th 2019 02:38. Viewed 435 times.