Overseas Education in the COVID-Eraby Gauri Jain Pro Career Counseling
Blog by the Top Career Counseling Firm in Mumbai
With the ongoing lockdown scenario across the globe due to COVID-19, students aspiring to study abroad are uncertain about their future. Numerous colleges and universities around the world have already rescheduled regular classes and have directed their students to leave campus. The majority of the students have adopted the wait and watch strategy and are observing how the things unfolding and will then make a decision about studying abroad. After rigorous research regarding studying abroad, here are the answers to all the major issues students must be concerned about like student visa uncertainty, online intake, etc. for major study abroad destinations like Canada, Australia, UK and the US.
1. Extension of Deadlines. Universities are extending application deadlines from August to September. Some universities are also extending deadline applications beyond September until October, so that, students get adequate time to submit required academic and other documents.
2. Online Intake. As of now, students can apply for admissions for online intake and once the situation improves then students can transfer to on-campus intake. So, they don’t have to wait for the next intake cycle and can apply for a student visa before they shift for on-campus classes.
3. Refund Issues. Incase students decide to continue with their online classes, due to various reasons, then their fees will be refunded back. And if a student does not like online classes then they will be given the option to defer their admission or get a refund.
4. TOEFL and GRE from home. Now students will be able to take TOEFL and GRE from home provided they meet the equipment requirements. DUOLINGO test scores are being accepted by universities in the USA instead of IELTS and TOEFL scores.
5. Online I-20 Form. Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) has lifted the restriction on mailing physical Form I-20s and is allowing schools to email I-20s directly to the students temporarily. The emailed Form I-20 will now be considered official for the purpose of applying for the visa by the US embassy. It also means, currently, students need not pay shipping fees until further notice.
6. Accepting Application. Few universities in the UK have started to offer conditional offer letters to students based on their predictive scores. Keeping students’ interests in mind, universities have also extended deadlines for scholarships as well.
Post-COVID life not going to be the same. Social distancing measures need to be followed for at least a year or until the time a vaccine is developed to tackle it. So, even if you are planning for studies or work overseas, you need to be aware of the online working style, as from now onwards organizations and educational institutes will be moving online on large scale, and you should be aware of the latest market trends or the new ‘normal’.
In case you need more help, clarification or guidance, don't hesitate to comment below or contact us. We are always always ready to provide guidance to our young and budding super-stars.
PRO CAREER COUNSELING
We are Expert Career Counsellors and Educational Consultants
Created on Dec 22nd 2021 13:31. Viewed 116 times.