Online grocery shopping - A guide to efficient shoppingby Giani Joseph Nutritionist
Grocery shopping online is a boon to everyone. Grocery shopping trips were fun and exciting when we were kids, but now that we’re adults and the ones are paying for the groceries, it’s not all that fun anymore. It’s time consuming, tiring and most importantly expensive.
Online grocery shopping is super convenient, time saving and inexpensive way of buying your daily groceries. Some services also provide you with options of buying fresh fruits, veggies, baked goods and meats online.
However, online grocery shopping can be a bit challenging especially if you’re a first time customer. Don’t worry though, because we’ve got you covered. Here are a few tips that will help you shop for groceries online efficiently and without hassle.
1. Use filters: Filters are you best friends whenever you’re shopping online, for anything. Use filters to get products that are on discount, that have the best ratings or reviews or have special offers on them like buy one get one free. You can also use these to only look at certain brands that you shop from without having to go through the whole inventory of the site.
2. Subscribe to newsletters: You can subscribe to mailers or newsletters from your regular online grocery shopping site to get updates of their latest offers and sales. You can use these shopping when prices are lowest or when you can save the most.
3. Be mindful of delivery time: When you’re shopping for fresh produce like fruits, vegetables, baked goods and meat, be mindful of the delivery time. If possible always set up a time for delivery with your service, so that your food doesn’t have to sit out for too long. Some services offer 2-hour delivery which comes in handy when you’re buying fresh produce.
4. Buy in bulk: Products like soaps, detergents, fresheners and other household goods can be bought in bulk and stored. These products do not expire quickly and its best to buy them when there is a huge sale going on your online grocery shopping site.
5. Don’t be shy to talk to costumer service: If you have any doubts or find anything that confuses you, or if your shopping is not delivered in time you should always call the customer service and get your queries sorted. Online grocery shopping can be difficult for those who are not tech savvy. Speaking to customer service can help you clear all your doubts.
Created on Jun 19th 2018 07:38. Viewed 394 times.